• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead Survivors' Guide

17 posts in this topic

With all the separate sets going on, maybe they should take all comics and make a "complete" set. You have variant sets, this set, and that set. Why not create one giant registry set on top of everything else they have, for those who want to keep everything in one listing. Since everyone can cross over books in both registries, I don't see an issue with one giant registry that contains everything involved for each comic line. 2c

Where would it end? Walking Dead in the title? Any zombie Image comic? Any zombie title? I think you're looking for a custom set and with any luck you will have that flexibility soon :)

Stop being so lazy. You can enter 3 sets. :baiting:

It has been decided. The Walking Dead Godfather has spoken. (worship)

Trust me, branget(Jeff) is right, this kind of focus would never end with a complete set(previews, Serbian/Spanish variants, TPBs, etc...) and would deteriorate the core title's run further. I'm feeling it with L&K somewhat(with The Cape: by collecting it graded also). :makepoint:

Where would it end? Walking Dead in the title? Any zombie Image comic? Any zombie title? I think you're looking for a custom set and with any luck you will have that flexibility soon :)

:roflmao: I don't mind the multiple sets, but I'd like a registry of everything Walking Dead too :) I'm not asking for much ;)

It has been decided. The Walking Dead Godfather has spoken. (worship)

Trust me, branget(Jeff) is right, this kind of focus would never end with a complete set(previews, Serbian/Spanish variants, TPBs, etc...) and would deteriorate the core title's run further. I'm feeling it with L&K somewhat(with The Cape: by collecting it graded also). :makepoint:

I'm glad to see all the input coming in. I'm not a big fan of excessive spin offs. I don't mind variants of the core set, as long as it's done for good reasons (50th issue, 100th issue, big convention) Having a bit of OCD doesn't help my collecting habits :) As long as they keep spitting out variants and spin offs, I'll keep collecting them :)

Having a bit of OCD doesn't help my collecting habits :) As long as they keep spitting out variants and spin offs, I'll keep collecting them :)
I think, the publishers know they can exploit this to the maximum effect, knowing how far collectors will go to complete their runs. It's getting a little sick now, imho and it's making me rethink my own focus even. Don't get swept in this bottomless money pit yourself. Like the hobby in the early 90's, it will not probably end until everything crumbles around you into dreky worthlessness(I mean I hear you loud and clear. I have graded reprints and "guides" too) and, I agree about talking about it here. It helps understand this "monster" better. :)

I feel(although somewhat related to the series), the lesser issues in a complete set would disrupt any kind of a main title focus one is trying to achieve. I collect the lesser issues with a title too, but have no interest in including them in the set, because I feel it's unfair to others and would offset the momentum in a graded run. I hate collecting them too, because basically it feels like a tedious excerise doing this. My 2c

:roflmao: I don't mind the multiple sets, but I'd like a registry of everything Walking Dead too :) I'm not asking for much ;)

Serbian and Argentinian copies as well?

I think alot of people who collect this title would rather see you accumulate the core title run first for a complete set, before adding on on the secondary stuff to it. Look at Goonmaniac's Goon set. No one said anything about Billy The Kid's Old Timey Oddities being added. I felt if you did this, people would admire your obsession with it more and go (worship) . It's a probably a fear around here, you might just go "Oh, what the hell am I doing with this reprint stuff? Time to collect Cursed Pirate Girl graded instead" and everyone is stuck with 22 Walking Dead Weeklies to fill their sets to 100%.

I feel your pain too. I'm not immune to these problems either. I have variant issues of Locke & Key that I can absolutely prove the print runs too, that I put hours of research in, An example of one would be from a destroyed order(auto accident) like the Electra #3's, another one would be a one of a kind error edition that was put in a GLOD holder(Hello, white Venom: Lethal Protector 9.6 in Blue Holder), that only can be marooned in the obverse gallery shots, due to CGC not acknowledging them as legitmate variants. I tried to work with people over the phone there a few times in the past years trying to explain what I am talking about, but failed miserably. Someday, I will be taken seriously, I figure. It's why I joined and supported the title's thread with imformation, while getting to know folks. I suggest the same with you. Might be alot of fun to learn your perspective on it. :)

Serbian and Argentinian copies as well?

hm I'm a little torn on those. Part of me wants to get those, simply because they exist, but something about them just doesn't appeal to me. In terms of the "complete" set I mentioned, for me to say leave these out would be contradictory. The "complete" set would, more or less, be like a huge checklist of everything that exists and pertains to Kirkman's Walking Dead series.

I think alot of people who collect this title would rather see you accumulate the core title run first for a complete set, before adding on on the secondary stuff to it. Look at Goonmaniac's Goon set. No one said anything about Billy The Kid's Old Timey Oddities being added. I felt if you did this, people would admire your obsession with it more and go (worship) . It's a probably a fear around here, you might just go "Oh, what the hell am I doing with this reprint stuff? Time to collect Cursed Pirate Girl graded instead" and everyone is stuck with 22 Walking Dead Weeklies to fill their sets to 100%.

I feel your pain too. I'm not immune to these problems either. I have variant issues of Locke & Key that I can absolutely prove the print runs too, that I put hours of research in, An example of one would be from a destroyed order(auto accident) like the Electra #3's, another one would be a one of a kind error edition that was put in a GLOD holder(Hello, white Venom: Lethal Protector 9.6 in Blue Holder), that only can be marooned in the obverse gallery shots, due to CGC not acknowledging them as legitmate variants. I tried to work with people over the phone there a few times in the past years trying to explain what I am talking about, but failed miserably. Someday, I will be taken seriously, I figure. It's why I joined and supported the title's thread with imformation, while getting to know folks. I suggest the same with you. Might be alot of fun to learn your perspective on it. :)

My main objective, when I started, was to collect only the core issues in 9.8. Although my registry doesn't reflect it yet, I have all but maybe 4 of the core issues. I have around 15 awaiting release from the original owner (armydoc/George) and I have a handful coming from Jeff (damn Canadian post office strike has those on hold :ohnoez:) I sort of wish I hadn't started in on the weekly issues, but they're out there, and I actually own nearly all of them in 9.8, with the exception of around 5 or so early issues.

I know being new, it will take some time for my collection to garner respect for what I'm trying to accomplish. My passion and obsession with comics stems from my very first hobby of drawing and painting, and while I do enjoy the writing, the art work is my favorite of all. I can assure everyone my Walking Dead collection will never stop, unless the series comes to an end, and hopefully that doesn't happen soon since I love reading them :)

Remember you can also get the TPB graded might as well add those lol

I think you need a WD registry just first prints

And a registry with second prints + variants + limited series/one shots ( survivors guide, holiday, image firsts)

I think the weekly can have it's own set but should not be in either of the two "main" registry sets..but this is all my 2c

Remember you can also get the TPB graded might as well add those lol

I think you need a WD registry just first prints

And a registry with second prints + variants + limited series/one shots ( survivors guide, holiday, image firsts)

I think the weekly can have it's own set but should not be in either of the two "main" registry sets..but this is all my 2c

I do find it odd that the core registry set includes the Image Firsts, -script Book, and Holiday Special. If anything, if seems that those should only be part of the variant set 2c Looks like Gemma has the Weekly scheduled for it's own registry. Get's to be difficult when they start all the spin offs, especially when everyone has to agree on where they should be listed. I actually have the first TPB (first edition) in 9.8. I don't see them up for sale at all, and actually got that one for basically the cover price :headbang: hard to find them in book stores in good condition, when they put stickers and security tabs on all of them. One of the book stores I frequent, actually keeps the graphic novels behind the counter, because people were stealing them :mad:

Oh well. I enjoy the communication and involvement amongst the board members :)