• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Notorious crimes involving comics? Tell me some tales please.

65 posts in this topic

A comic dealer from Long Island is currently out on bail while appealing his conviction for enslaving his former girlfriend and forcing her to both live in a large dog cage and have sex with multiple people. His defense is that he is a god in the S&M community and she signed an agreement giving him ownership over her and her body.

More details required, got a link to an article? :wishluck::popcorn:

Its about a year old. Guys name is Glenn Marcus. Had a shop in Woodmere. It was discussed here when he was first arrested.

Its about a year old. Guys name is Glenn Marcus. Had a shop in Woodmere. It was discussed here when he was first arrested.

Ah, helpful, looks like it's over four years old though, here are two links to threads in this forum from 2007:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1893950

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1578753

Richie was a top restorer before his forced retirement. He did a bit of work for me and his work and rates were very good. Really didn't see that coming, as he always was on the up and up with me in our various dealings.

Ah, helpful, looks like it's over four years old though, here are two links to threads in this forum from 2007:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1893950

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1578753

I was referring to the articles about him getting out, while he appeals. Thats about a year ago.

And for "crimes against nature", the lurid but fascinating story behind the Curator books.

Is that for having a Transgender op?

I don't really think it's fair to compare him/her to most of the scumbags here.

Frankly several boardies here seemed to have a 'ball'ectomy at one time or another.

Wow...Our little hobby already seemed to have more than it's fair share of nut-jobs even before we decided to wheel out the killers and child molesters...am I the only one a little depressed by this thread? :(

You shouldn't be depressed by this thread. Realize that crime is everywhere.

What can I say, I'm a sensitive soul (shrug)

Wow...Our little hobby already seemed to have more than it's fair share of nut-jobs even before we decided to wheel out the killers and child molesters...am I the only one a little depressed by this thread? :(

Sorry. My intent with this thread wasn't to depress anyone or discredit our fine hobby, it was simply a means of gathering information out of personal interest.

I've often had an interest in the darker side of things & I figured that in a hobby filled with so many interesting people, it was bound to have inspired some fascinating crimes.

I would imagine all subsets of society have a similar percentage of nut-jobs.

Don't forget all of the wonderful people in this hobby.

Sorry. My intent with this thread wasn't to depress anyone or discredit our fine hobby, it was simply a means of gathering information out of personal interest.

I've often had an interest in the darker side of things & I figured that in a hobby filled with so many interesting people, it was bound to have inspired some fascinating crimes.

No the post is fine, I also have a passing interest in the more macabre moments of life. When studying Sociology I was fascinated by the module on Criminality and Deviance. I just found the crimes involving children pretty hard to take as these kids had the most innocent time of their lives ruined by predatory adults. It must be the over-protective parent coming out in me.

One of the reasons I like and collect comic-books as an adult (my wife may disagree about the adult part) is that it helps me re-connect with my seven year old self and remember happy childhood memories. I just find it upsetting that a small minority of people would use the hobby to get close to kids and molest them... :(

The good folk of the hobby far out-way the scumbags and this post goes to show that for the majority of us the closest we will get to a comic related crime is the odd dodgy deal on e-bay...thank god!

Cheers

PCC

:eek:

CBLDF Case Files – R. v. Matheson

Imagine traveling to another country and having your comic books and electronic devices seized. Then, you’re arrested because of the books you read. This may seem like a horror story, but for one comics reader, it’s come true.

Wasn't there a board member who killed his wife,then killed himself? :eek:

I'm afraid so. :(

I thought so,do you remember his board name?

Off the top of my head, no. He was from Northern California I believe. There were several boardies who knew him.

Off the top of my head, no. He was from Northern California I believe. There were several boardies who knew him.

Just craziness,how low does one have to feel to do that.A shame really. :(

Board member Deamentia. :(

Board member Deamentia. :(

Yep. :(