• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charmed, I'm sure

2 posts in this topic

Last night while out for sushi at our favorite neighborhood place, my friend and I sat at the bar and started our night with some Hamachi, a large Asahi, and some hot Sake. Seemed mundane enough. An older gentleman came in and sat beside us, and we started to converse, mainly about his work and music. We ordered a Volcano Roll which is pretty amazing, and shared it with the gentleman as he seemed intrigued. Out of the blue the Stranger mentioned comic book art. Cosmic fates aligned and next thing you know he is going down memory lane sharing stories of Gaines file copies (that he owns), Original art bought and sold including complete EC stories, pristine copies of early Marvels he has and has had, and friends and acquaintances well known on these boards. It was all a blur of back in the day prices and sweet deals from the past accompanied with stories of distaste for the way things are currently in the world of art and books. After some free beers and mango ice cream, we closed the place down and went our separate ways. Great night out.