• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman #222

3 posts in this topic

Can I get some opinions on this. Mainly concerning the bottom staple. The cover is attached firmly, but under the bottom staple there is a clean split, which is common with this issue. What does this do for the qualification? Is it a print defect, degradable defect, or a qualification? Thank you (thumbs u

june19572.jpg

june19573.jpg

Can I get some opinions on this. Mainly concerning the bottom staple. The cover is attached firmly, but under the bottom staple there is a clean split, which is common with this issue. What does this do for the qualification? Is it a print defect, degradable defect, or a qualification? Thank you (thumbs u

Good question. It's not a printing or manufacturing defect, although it may be common with this issue. There are many issues which are notorious for staple splits and/or staple pops. Two that come to mind on the Marvel side of the fence are Creatures on the Loose #10 (1st Kull) and Marvel Spotlight #1 (1st Red Wolf). If the book is HG enough (9.0 or better) I believe it will be treated as a qualified defect. At 8.5 and under, I believe it will treated as a degradable defect. Personally, I believe it should be treated as a tear, a clean tear, but a tear nonetheless. :)