• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComiCONN - 8/27/11, Stamford CT

31 posts in this topic

Where are you coming from? If you're in CT or Eastern NY, I'd say it's worth it. However, it's kinda hard to say as it's only the 2nd year for this con. Last years wasn't bad. This year I'm hoping it will be even better.

I thought I had read that Wizard bought out ComicConn last year...

Whatever happened to that?

Also, what happened to Wizard's Connecticut Comic Con that was advertised last year?

Oh, and I'll be at ComicConn too.

Thanks.

Is this more like a show than a con? I am still debating going or not. Do they have a lot of comic dealers that set up? I looked at the dealer section and I am not sure.

Thanks

I've never been, but I get the impression that it is bigger than most local comic shows, but smaller than say Wizard World or a New York Comic Con. Per the official website, I count roughly 17 dealers that appear to be primarily comic book dealers. This is a decent number.

It's almost a 2 hour drive for me, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

Does anyone have photos of last year's show???

Thanks.

I forgot about this until yesterday. All I know is they were asking 20 at the door and that price appears to be reduced to 10. So now I am not so sure that the show is worth going to. It is only about 40 minutes from me so the travel isn't a biggie.

I've never been, but I get the impression that it is bigger than most local comic shows, but smaller than say Wizard World or a New York Comic Con. Per the official website, I count roughly 17 dealers that appear to be primarily comic book dealers. This is a decent number.

It's a decent number. However, the devil is in the details. If it's 17 dealers in vintage comics (yeah, I know it won't be) that's fantastic. If most of them deal in newer comics, not really worth my time. Last year, a guy was there from New York selling boxes upon boxes of 50s and 60's Marvels and DCs. He had some incredible stuff.