• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"AFTER PRESS" PRICING for books NOT PRESSED YET.

359 posts in this topic

Ah, but the devil is in the languid plodding, my dear Watson. :cloud9:

I'm going to be nice to you since today is your birthday.

Oh, and do you think maybe we can muster up a "What I collect is great, but what you collect sucks." thread as well? We haven't had one of those in a while either. :wishluck:

I'll remember that.

People can charge whatever they want for their comics. Other people can choose to either buy them or not.

Regardless of how many pages this thread languidly plods on for, this is what it all boils down to.

I wrote a big long response to this thread and deleted it.

What possesses someone to imagine anything other than what seanfingh has written?

(shrug)

People can charge whatever they want for their comics. Other people can choose to either buy them or not.

Regardless of how many pages this thread languidly plods on for, this is what it all boils down to.

I wrote a big long repsonse to this thread and deleted it.

What possese someone to imagine anything other than what seanfingh has written?

(shrug)

What a set up and right after I promised to be nice. Damn it. :pullhair:

People can charge whatever they want for their comics. Other people can choose to either buy them or not. Or they can choose to openly mock their pricing. Like Roy when he busted out his GPA for raw campaign in 2009.

I have to admit, post-press bread for pre-press comics is awesomely progressive. I would like to institute a program where I tell people what books are going to be hot, and they pay me the difference between what the book costs new and what they would have to pay for it 60 days later when it is super hot on Ebay. Any takers?

Can I mock Roy some more? Please?!? THAT was ridiculous then, and ridiculous now, and ridiculous forever.

Shut it.

You're just arguing a small pie slice of what is being discussed and missing the most important point:

That you're wrong.

:baiting:

Hah. No I'm not. You're pricing a book using a price point that ISN'T WHAT THE BOOK IS. GPA pricing is for slabbed books only. NOT books that "might be" in a slab.

Dan, I've occasionally mentioned in a sales thread that I thought a book could be improved by pressing, but still list it at the grade and price as it sits, not what it might be.

But as it relates to pricing raw books at/near/or above GPA, I've certainly done that. My view is GPA tracks the sales of slabbed books and reports them, but what they are really reporting is what a certain graded book sells if the grade has been certified by CGC. So, in my opinion, my grade is as accurate as theirs, and I use GPA as a guide from time to time to see what the market might bring for a certain grade range on the book. Then price it accordingly. Buyers can choose to pay it, or not.

I'll remember that.

Like the same courtesy extends to you.

:whatev:

Who said anything about me? I was just making sure you were nice to finghé this time next year. I don't want your pretend courtesy.

I wrote a big long repsonse to this thread and deleted it.

What possese someone to imagine anything other than what seanfingh has written?

(shrug)

Greed.

I'll remember that.

Who said anything about me? I was just making sure you were nice to finghé this time next year. I don't want your pretend courtesy.

It wouldn't be pretend, matey. It would be none. :whee:

I'll remember that.

Pish.

I'll remember that.

Pish.

Great band.

I'll remember that.

Pish.

Great band.

Shouldn't that be "The Pish"? :insane:

Not singling any one person out nor am I proclaiming this practice to be "right" or "wrong"... just wondering how others feel about the notion of charging "after press" prices, based on guessing (be it educated guess or not) of the projected outcome of that "press"... and then assigning "post press pricing" at guessed higher grades that haven't been obtained yet.

Opinions?

I'm not a fan of over paying for books regardless of the rationale.

If some d-bag wants to price their books based on something that hasen't happened that's their prerogative, just as it's mine not to buy.

I'll remember that.

Pish.

Great band.

:roflmao: