• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.I. JOE Part 2 anyone?

21 posts in this topic

I am down to see this...some guys are asking too much of movies...it's two hours of being entertained and seeing big explosions and people fighting...

Yea they need to reboot it not sequel it.

One I saw Destro as a white Scotsman, and Cobra Commander as whatever the heck his origin was I walked out of the Theater.

Thank God for Marvel Studios is all I can say. :preach:

I am down to see this...some guys are asking too much of movies...it's two hours of being entertained and seeing big explosions and people fighting...

Sorry CHES, but I disagree. I'm of the opposite opinion. Too may folks ask for too little from movies and keep handing over their hard-earned $$$ for garbage.

NOTE: I haven't seen this movie - I'm commenting about bad movies in general

Sorry CHES, but I disagree. I'm of the opposite opinion. Too may folks ask for too little from movies and keep handing over their hard-earned $$$ for garbage.

NOTE: I haven't seen this movie - I'm commenting about bad movies in general

True...but this is a G.I. Joe movie. I go to watch this movie knowing that it will probably be retarded, be not a whole lot like the cartoons (thankfully) and just a bunch of mess blowing up.

Once again, just like the Transformers, this was a toy first. The cartoons and comic books were to sell more toys to kids. Kids today watch more movies than cartoons and comic books. This movie is being made so they can sell a bunch of toys to kids, not redefine the genre of action movies.

To think it is anything more than that is asking a bit much for a G.I. Joe movie.

Much like the Transformers movies, i enjoyed the G.I Joe movie for what it was, but it fell wayyyyyyy short of the cartoon. While i like the guy who played Duke as an actor.....he was no Duke. And a wayans brother as a Joe??? Gimme a break.

But to the movies credit, they did nail the Baroness (no accent, but you can't get everything), Stormshadow & Snake eyes.

Gotta say, i did enjoy the movie......For what it was.

I thought the GI JOE movie was boring and my boring leash is long and lenient.I always try to find a silver lining in a popcorn movie.Even Green Lantern and Jonah Hex were better than GI JOE. Stephen Sommers has become a hack after a few good Mummy pictures. I will take Michael Bay over Stephen Sommers anyday.

Once I saw Destro as a white Scotsman, and Cobra Commander as whatever the heck his origin was I walked out of the Theater.

Destro is a white Scotsman in the toys and comics, fool - they just didn't give him an accent in the old cartoon series.

113251.jpg.87db059127bf386c59ba84e9d8174dc1.jpg

Once I saw Destro as a white Scotsman, and Cobra Commander as whatever the heck his origin was I walked out of the Theater.

Destro is a white Scotsman in the toys and comics, fool - they just didn't give him an accent in the old cartoon series.

Destro did not sound like a white Scotsman in the cartoons. :baiting:

Destro did not sound like a white Scotsman in the cartoons. :baiting: