• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics in the Sitcoms

51 posts in this topic

Not a sitcom but a Monty Python sketch (titled the dull life of a city stockbroker or somesuch) shows Michael Palin reading a copy of Captain Action with the title covered over to say something else.

How could I forget this Python classic.

lol I love that sketch at 1 minute 22 seconds. funny stuff

Remembered another MASH episode. Charles befriends a wounded soldier with a stuttering problem and the soldier at one point is seen reading a comic from his bed. They refer to it as a Captain Marvel comic but who knows what it really is.

Another one that is the Three's Company spin-off - The Ropers. I believe it is in the first episode (granted there aren't many of episodes) but the Mrs. Brookes (Roper's neighbors) is reading to her son - The Adventures of Shark-Man which is actually a copy of Marvel Premiere #47 which has Ant-Man - the word Ant is replaced with Shark.

I know - too much TV.

Who remembers the 80's movie Lost Boys?

When he's in the comic book store he tells them he's looking for a certain comic. To which the guy replies, "That's a serious comic. Only four of those in the world."

Anyone remember which comic that was?

• Administrator
There are three episodes of MASH with comics.

In one of them, Radar is sleeping with a copy of an Avengers issue on his chest

Sounds like a goof from the production team, that one. MASH was set in the Korean War, which ended about a decade before Avengers 1 hit the stands.

Yeah, lol plus it's a bronze age Avengers. I guess they weren't so concerned with that level of accuracy.

Bronze Age? They just weren't trying....

mashavengers.gif

Who remembers the 80's movie Lost Boys?

When he's in the comic book store he tells them he's looking for a certain comic. To which the guy replies, "That's a serious comic. Only four of those in the world."

Anyone remember which comic that was?

Batman #14

4593_1212888376901_300_200.jpg

There are three episodes of MASH with comics.

In one of them, Radar is sleeping with a copy of an Avengers issue on his chest

Sounds like a goof from the production team, that one. MASH was set in the Korean War, which ended about a decade before Avengers 1 hit the stands.

Yeah, lol plus it's a bronze age Avengers. I guess they weren't so concerned with that level of accuracy.

Bronze Age? They just weren't trying....

mashavengers.gif

That comic came out in '68 or '69...close enough.

Well done for locating that screenshot!

Another one that is the Three's Company spin-off - The Ropers. I believe it is in the first episode (granted there aren't many of episodes) but the Mrs. Brookes (Roper's neighbors) is reading to her son - The Adventures of Shark-Man which is actually a copy of Marvel Premiere #47 which has Ant-Man - the word Ant is replaced with Shark.

I know - too much TV.

Here's the pic of this one

4304663823_9ef315c6bb.jpg