• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF includes Kirby as 'God"

9 posts in this topic

Im not sure if anyone posted this yet...sorry to be redundant if they did...

but the recent issue of FF (512?) had a storyline where Ben is rescued from the afterlife, and the FF get to meet the "Creator" who turns out to be a stocky cigar chomping old guy ata drawing board!! And the punchline comes when he takes a phone call from his "collaborator" telling his what to put in his next story..... But Stan is never pictured...

cool bit!

It was a bit of an unexpected surprise, for me, but I thought the 'Kirby-as-God' routine was done better in Alan Moore's last Supreme issues.

Waid has done an 'ok' job on this title, but he just seems to be off the mark a bit. His best issue, IMO, was the Dr. Doom solo issue - where he meets up with his long-lost love.

It was a bit of an unexpected surprise, for me, but I thought the 'Kirby-as-God' routine was done better in Alan Moore's last Supreme issues.

I personally liked the Kirby riff in The Authority better than either of these.

It seemed to me a bit of a cop out to fix things in the story. Ben dying and Reed's face. They could have done a more imaginative job with these things.

Agreed.....the ending felt rushed and frankly didn't make much sense other than to return the FF to their status quo. In fact, I thought the whole "Heaven" storyline was lame and halted full bore one of the best FF runs in decades.

Jim

It seemed to me a bit of a cop out to fix things in the story. Ben dying and Reed's face. They could have done a more imaginative job with these things.

Agreed.....the ending felt rushed and frankly didn't make much sense other than to return the FF to their status quo. In fact, I thought the whole "Heaven" storyline was lame and halted full bore one of the best FF runs in decades.

Jim

I don't think I could have said it better myself. thumbsup2.gif

Jim

I don't think I could have said it better myself. thumbsup2.gif

Me either.

Jim

oh yeah! FF has been barely readable for me. Im surprised I stayed with the issue long enough to see the Kirby thing. But still, given all the sturm and drand inside and outside of Mqarvel, it was interesting to see him portrayed "officially" in a Marvel comic as the creator (co-creator I guess) Marvel has nothing to lose financially anymore by admitting it so its a copuout to a certain extent...but a nice bit. But a lousy ending to the storyline and the Reed face scar issue....