• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED: Marvel Bronze Distributor Returns Collection-- SOLD!!!

3 posts in this topic

Howdy Folks,

I recently picked up a collection of early Bronze Marvel logo-stripped distributor returns. Not usually this forum's cup of tea, I know, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

They are all complete and readable, from the tail-end of the '60s to the mid-'70s. These aren't key books (I've creamed it already-- full disclosure) but they are good merry Marvel reading for kids and/or enthusiasts.

There are probably somewhere around 1500 pieces to this collection. I'd like to sell them @ .25 cents a piece in lots of 60 which fit in the standard priority medium flat rate box for a $10 charge. So I'd like to get $25 per box of 60 shipped for them if anybody is interested out there.

A couple things of note, however: I will be putting boxes together at random from the books that still remain. I can't possibly begin to tailor these lots specifically at these blowout prices.

These books have had their logos razored off which tends to affect the first few pages of the interior sliced neatly as well. They are still complete and readable-- just sliced. Also, their conditions range quite a bit. They seem to average in the VG/F range other than the logo-stripping though. I will do my best to make each 60 book lot up of unique books, but there are literally 20-30 copies of some of these books and I can't guarantee you won't see some doubles.

Here's a scan of one of the books to give a general idea of the condition-- not saying they will all be in this shape, it's just a basic frame of reference.

avengersc.jpg

avengersb.jpg

So, here's how this will work...

If interested, post an :takeit: here and then contact me. You'll be buying a medium flat rate box filled with 60 random Bronze Age Marvel issues for $25. NOTE: These books will not come bagged or boarded.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

I also have copies left of logo-stripped Bronze Age keys that I can part with reasonably cheap, including:

Hero for Hire #1

Hulk #141

Spider-Man #97

Spider-Man #98

Spider-Man #100

Spider-Man #101

Spider-Man #122

Marvel Spotlight #2

I will also consider trade for these distributor return copies as well, if you have something you'd like to offer.

Thanks for looking!

ADDENDUM:

Sorry if there has been any confusion, but I want to make it clear that I will not be tailoring these lots to specific wants. These are random lots of 60 at blowout prices. It wouldn't be fair to do it any other way and would be much too time consuming.

Regards,

--CB