• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article about comic copyright lawyer

6 posts in this topic

Link

This article from my college alumni magazine talks about an alum (Michael Lovtiz) who deals primarily with copyright law as it pertains to comic book rights. He has given talks at SDCC. Anyone here know him?

Yeah I know him.

Great guy. Has a great collection of original artwork. Some of it is on Comic Art Fans.

Yeah, he's a real peach. :eyeroll:

Hopefully Valiantman will be along shortly to describe Lovitz's attempts to take control of some of the valiant properties using loopholes, smoke and mirrors. Didn't work out for him.

Hopefully Valiantman will be along shortly to describe Lovitz's attempts to take control of some of the valiant properties using loopholes, smoke and mirrors. Didn't work out for him.

Perhaps you are referring to whomever was Mike's client at the time.

Perhaps you are referring to whomever was Mike's client at the time.

Could be. I'll have to look up the old threads on the Valiant boards and see what was what back then on this particular issue. Now that I'm thinking about it a bit more, I seem to recall a connection with the good folks behind Dynamic Forces.

hm

Lovitz pimps himself every year about SDCC time.

He was the only official name behind whoever attempted to trademark some Valiant titles in 2005

in a blatant attempt to blackmail the newly recognized, legitimate Valiant copyright holders at that time.

Thankfully, all that junk is over with and Valiant is now completely owned outright by the legitimate owners.

The actual person behind the blackmail attempt made sure not to let his name get out...

so Lovitz was the only smiling face of the organization.

He was such a "Dynamic" representative for whatever "Forces" were behind the scheme.

He's really a "Dynamite" speaker, and definitely a source of "Entertainment".

It's just coincidence how an article written by him about himself could be published

every year, just in the "Nick" of time for SDCC. He is an actual lawyer though.

I'm almost certain he passed the "Bar, you see".

All in all, I wish him lots of SUCKSess in whatever is his next ASSignment.

:whistle: