• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rogue..ongoing series?

13 posts in this topic

Ok, with out reading the link, let me guess. It's going to be about the fact that she can't touch a man because she'll kill him if she does and that makes her sad. Am I right? confused-smiley-013.gif

I give it 12 issues before it gets the ax.

So, let me get this straight. Marvel cancels Elektra only to launch a Rogue series. Interesting.

New #1 with an X-character. Guaranteed Top 20 sales for the first three issues. 150,000+ comics sold will look alot better on the books than 60,000+ Elektra comics sold.

With Marvel lately it's all about the money and the quarterly reports.....

Jim

They'll launch a new, revamped Elektra series just prior to the movie next summer. Just watch.

So, let me get this straight. Marvel cancels Elektra only to launch a Rogue series. Interesting.

I think an ongoing Rogue series is a mistake. A 12 issue miniseries would suffice to address all anyone really needs to know about that character, such as her early history, her real name, her family, etc.

Still, I'll probably buy it. Surprising, as I haven't bought a superhero comic of any kind in maybe 10 years. I always liked Rogue. She was the X-woman with the greatest potential, but I felt she was always held back and trivialized as a character.

Rogue I liked but the way Claremont showed her southern accent irritated me..I mean I'm from the south and no one I know talks like that.

"A'm gon'a show yew suga'..."

I mean, geesh, dip me in maple syrup why don't you.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Then, Gambit comes along and it's like deciphering Old English when the two of them get together...

I think her power was fully utilized in Avengers Annual 10 when she kicked the Avenger's *** .. it's like Invisible Woman. She's potentially the most powerful member.. why don't we get to see it?

I think an ongoing Rogue series is a mistake. A 12 issue miniseries would suffice to address all anyone really needs to know about that character, such as her early history, her real name, her family, etc.

Still, I'll probably buy it. Surprising, as I haven't bought a superhero comic of any kind in maybe 10 years. I always liked Rogue. She was the X-woman with the greatest potential, but I felt she was always held back and trivialized as a character.

Then, Gambit comes along and it's like deciphering Old English when the two of them get together...

Yeah, I know that, I'm from Mexico, and when I saw both together I have a bad moment triying to figure what are both saying.