• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scheduled for Grading! posted by duckduckmike

53 posts in this topic

Books were processed through Sarasota on 8/19...as of yet have not received.

USPS says "...currently in transit to destination."

mm

Another major rip-off is charging me $74.80 for a package that actually only cost $16.05 to ship Mcfy

The postage label on a CGC package doesn't include the registered mail fee or the insurance cost - which, for a high value submission, is pretty substantial. You can't even send a single CGC book registered and insured priority mail for $16.05 :gossip:

That's why you open your own Fedex account ;)

S o what's the latest date for Modern tier that is listed as graded or shipped? I have 6/2 and 6/3 shipped as of mid last week but 6/6 and 6/8 that are not even scheduled for grading. 6/6 is the day after 6/3 due to the weekend. Was 6/3 a big day?

Received my books...now time to submit ALL-AMERICAN #101 & #102...and DETECTIVE #164.

We'll see how they do before we go with FLASH #104 and SUPERBOY #1.

mm

S o what's the latest date for Modern tier that is listed as graded or shipped? I have 6/2 and 6/3 shipped as of mid last week but 6/6 and 6/8 that are not even scheduled for grading. 6/6 is the day after 6/3 due to the weekend. Was 6/3 a big day?

I'm betting it's because of HeroesCon. Stuff that came in from that convention probably are dated 6/6, which would explain why I still have 20 books on all different tiers that are still verified.

Just called CGC this morning on an Economy sub from May (5/21) and was told that they are just now grading Economy from the beginning of May. So they are still 2-3 weeks behind, which is pretty much what I heard when I called 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know how much time needs to be added for signature series submissions? I have moderns subbed on 6/4 as well as modern SS. The moderns are graded as of Friday and the SS are still only verified.

Does anyone know how much time needs to be added for signature series submissions? I have moderns subbed on 6/4 as well as modern SS. The moderns are graded as of Friday and the SS are still only verified.

As I understand it SS doesn't matter at all, just the tier the books are under. I already have my modern SS from the same show I am waiting for the Economy sub from.

That's good to know. Should be any day on a big chunk then. I'll be waiting on about 4 economy and 3 economy SS besides the modern SS but just getting those will be a big deal that makes waiting on the others a little easier.

That's good to know. Should be any day on a big chunk then. I'll be waiting on about 4 economy and 3 economy SS besides the modern SS but just getting those will be a big deal that makes waiting on the others a little easier.

Yeah, I had 3 modern subs and 2 economy subs that were both supposed to be fast tracked. One economy got the FT and the other apparently didn't get marked that way (it ended up on a seperate invoice because of the way the on-site submissions worked that day). I have the FT back and am going to be waiting apparently another month on the one that didn't. It was $8 well spend on the one that got it! The FT economy beat my moderns to my house.

If you need them back in a hurry for a reason I can see doing the fast track but if not, that's adding another $56 to the cost of my seven books that I either have to sell something to make up or just flat out eat if I want to keep them.