• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Fan Days (with comic creators too), Dallas -- Oct 8-9 2011

57 posts in this topic

Hey, has anyone checked this out yet? In addition to all the Star Wars signature opportunities (Billy Dee & Mayhew + many others) there is also a growing list of comic creators. So far the names are pretty big:

Herb Trimpe

Michael Golden

Dave Dorman

Terry Moore

Kerry Gammill

Is anyone planning to go, and would anyone be able to witness signatures for CGC at this show?

Hey, has anyone checked this out yet? In addition to all the Star Wars signature opportunities (Mayhew & Prowse + many others) there is also a growing list of comic creators. So far the names are pretty big:

Herb Trimpe

Michael Golden

Dave Dorman

Terry Moore

Kerry Gammill

Is anyone planning to go, and would anyone be able to witness signatures for CGC at this show?

So anyways, I'll post this in the Where Are They in 2011? Thread.....

Billy Dee Williams added to the guest list!

Well of course he was, cause, seriously, what else does he have to do?? :)

Bring a can of Colt 45; he'll sign it.

I just checked the webpage, and saw that $75 VIP passes and $40 priority passes will get you into the con both days AND allow you to line jump ahead of GA passholders, among other perks. GA is $20 per day, so if you plan to go both days buying the $40 priority pass seems to be the way to go. I e-mailed the organizer to confirm my reading of this and he did.

The bad news is that Prowse had to cancel because of his recent hip surgery :cry:, but he is planning to make the next Dallas Comicon. :wishluck:

Updated guest list!

Comic Creators:

Jim Steranko (guest of honor)

Herb Trimpe

Michael Golden

Greg Horn

Joe Linsner

Dave Dorman

J. David Spurlock

James O'Barr

Kerry Gamill

Kez Wilson

Renee Witterstaetter

Robert Luedke

Taylor Lymbery

Rob Payne

Jason Chalker

Chris Fulton

Jason Adams

Media Guests:

Billy Dee Williams

George Takei

Julie Benz (Saturday only)

Jaime King

Dickey Beer (wore Boba Fett armor in one of the SWSE shots)

Peter Mayhew

Steve Sansweet (signing free)

Timothy Zahn (signing free)

Official Show Site

Just a friendly :bump: on this thread so people keep it in mind. Should be a good little show with some nice opportunities for autographs and SS with DWC facilitating. Too bad I have a wedding in Connecticut to go to that weekend. :sorry:

Just a friendly :bump: on this thread so people keep it in mind. Should be a good little show with some nice opportunities for autographs and SS with DWC facilitating. Too bad I have a wedding in Connecticut to go to that weekend. :sorry:

I just received an e-mail update on this from the Irving Convention Center and I'm thinking of going now that I know that Desert Wind will be there to witness signings for CGC signature series submissions. Looks like lots of opportunities for comic book signatures. (thumbs u

I just received an e-mail update on this from the Irving Convention Center and I'm thinking of going now that I know that Desert Wind will be there to witness signings for CGC signature series submissions. Looks like lots of opportunities for comic book signatures. (thumbs u

Then again, maybe I'll just ship some books directly to Desert Wind and I won't have to make the trip. hm

Hey Shark,

Of course you can send your books but then again it is the famous Texas OU weekend. And my wife Sharon being a born and breed Texan and UT grad would sure love to meet you. :baiting:

Chandler - we already met in Dallas back in May. And we've only been in Oklahoma for about a year now so I haven't been converted to a Sooners fan yet. Probably never will be either - I'm still loyal to the Fighting Illini. :grin:

Illinois :luhv:

Speaking of Dallas, I wish they would start releasing some info on that show already!

:gossip: And the Longhorns are likely to get the beatdown of their lives in that OU game. I'm no Sooners fan, but did you see the last Texas game?