• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PULP experts I need your help!!

3 posts in this topic

I recently bought a DIME DETECTIVE Pulp dated 1946. It only has 98 pages..seemed kind of "thin" for a pulp. Is this normal? I looked at the table of contents and it seemed legit. Also, there is a staple in the book..did pulps have staples?

Thanks for all your help!!

Probably is okay if the first page is numbered "3".

In general the pulps seemed to bound in 16 page increments. I'm not home to check, but it seems like 112 (7*16) and 128 (8*16) were standard sizes in the 1930's. Some started the first page number as counting the front cover. I guess they thought that people would believe they were getting 2 "extra" pages.

So 96 pages would be 6 groups of 16 pages. If your 98 is the number on the last page and 3 is the first page, then that would be a "normal" size. I don't know if Dime Detective was a "96 pager" in 1946, but I have seen thinner pulps from that period.

Gary J.