• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bags for TV GUIDEs, comic digests and/or paperback books?

6 posts in this topic

Two of the other things that I collect alongside comics are TV GUIDEs ( the original size ) & vintage horror, genre movie/TV tie in paperbacks.

And, I've been looking for a decent looking way to display/store them that will provide proper protection for them.

Unfortunately, all I've found this far are comic bags that they swim in or various sizes of food storage bags that protect OK, but look terrible.

So, can anyone help me out with suggestions?

BTW, anyone else out there collect these things?

Empires - Thanks!

Those are just what I'd hoped to find.

Of course, as I'm sure you've figured out, I don't collect ALL issues of TV GUIDE. The vast majority of my collection is genre related stuff. Superheros, horror, Stephen King mini-series that made the cover etc.. I've also got a copy of every issue featuring THE X-FILES on the cover.

As for the paperbacks, I've been a horror fiction fan since I've been old enough to read & the vintage stuff from the '60s & ''70s is just SO cool to have. As are the movie/TV tie ins. Which can be fairly hard to find in decent shape.

I posted this before I believe but my post are only going back a few months. I got these digest bags from Hotflips. http://www.hotflips.com/

The bags don't have a flap which actually works out best to fit many different sizes. Here pictures of how some books fit in. You can look at amazon.com for the books dimensions.

Rather small thin book like a pocketbook

sabrina.jpg

Double Digest (Thick older one. The newer ones are thinner)

single_front.jpg

Pretty much regular smaller graphic novel by Oni press

threedays.jpg

This one just fits in the bag.

manga.jpg