• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zap #1 2nd Printing, File Copy Covers - THREAD CLOSED

2 posts in this topic

In 2009 I was fortunate to be able to buy the remaining inventory of Zap #1 2nd printing covers from the publisher Don Donahue (may he rest in peace).

Many believe that Zap #1 started the Underground Comix movement, even though there were UGs predating Zap #1. It is ranked number 7 in the Jerry Weist book (may he also rest in peace), 100 Greatest Comic Books, which is a great ranking for an Underground, considering all the competition with the mainstream action hero comics.

These covers are in mint condition and look like they were just printed. Don said these were some of his best looking covers because they did not exhibit what he called “scumming”, which is smudging of the blue ink in several places in the orange background on the front cover. The B&W printing is extremely crisp. Any little defects there might be are the result of the printing process, not wear or handling.

They are printed on both sides and would look great framed. The deep blue in the Zap title appears to shimmer and looks iridescent when the light hits it just right.

Don was kind enough to sign and date (October 3, 2009) individual COAs for each cover, on APEX Novelties letterhead, stating that these Zap 1 2nd printing covers were file copies from his personal archive. The second printing can be identified by the words “PRINTED BY DON DONAHUE” in blue on the back cover. So each cover will come with its own original signed COA.

I have a quantity of 6 covers for sale. You may buy any quantity up to the whole lot (resale at Comic-Cons?) The price per cover is $280 250.

Shipping in the U.S. will be $10.50 by boxed priority mail. International buyers PM me for postage. Insurance required at minor additional cost for orders greater than 1 cover.

Rules, first :takeit: wins, feel free to PM me with questions.

I will accept paypal. International buyers using paypal will have a 4% surcharge.

zap12ndcoverbetter.jpg