• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever bought anything from ComicConnect?

13 posts in this topic

Was just wondering. Won a couple of auctions a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't look like they've even processed the order. Sent them an email about it last week, but no one has responded. Now, I did find out a few days ago that they don't actually have the books on-hand, but still it's been too weeks and I would have appreciated an update of some sort.

Is this typical for ComicConnect?

I'm waiting for books from the June auction. I called them and they said they were waiting for two Masterpieces that the consignee hadn't sent yet.

I've called them a few times and Rob has answered every time and been quite helpful.

ComicConnect is an arm of Metro. They've been having a bad time with timely shipping recently. They'll get it to you, though. Sometimes you just need to call Frank at Metro and ask him what is up.

Likewise, my first order from Metro took 6 weeks to complete. Took them three weeks to ship the books from their NJ website to NY, so much time that my credit card had actually expired and it to me another two weeks to iron out.

But phonecalls were easy and professional, and (as has been said) the books were well worth the wait & exceeded my expectations.

Some of the books in the auctions are not in hand. They have to come from the owners who have consigned them for the auctions.

I'd prefer auctions be on hand for the bidding but thats not how they, or comic Link work.

call them

I know the above is common sense but an email is a record of a conversation or transaction. Good business is good business.

he already emailed...I am not defending Metro. I am just suggesting picking up the phone if he is frustrated.

Email is all nice and good for "record" keeping but I can't recall how many times people here complained about CL and Metro about emails not being replied. Common sense after a year here tell me to pick up the phone. Good business is good business but the reality is what it is.

Some of the books in the auctions are not in hand. They have to come from the owners who have consigned them for the auctions.

I'd prefer auctions be on hand for the bidding but thats not how they, or comic Link work.

I think with Clink they always require you to send in auction books before the auction starts, unless this policy has changed...

Hello-

To give a little more information. I contacted Brian as soon as I saw the post on the boards and explained the billing process and how everything works on our end. Although Brian may have won the auctions a couple of weeks ago, he did not complete check-out until July 6 and that is why his order wasn’t processed yet. Also, it is important to note that we request that winners allow up to 3 weeks for the processing of the transaction after checking out (though orders usually go out quicker-especially if books are on-site).

When it comes to Event Auction time, I am utterly inundated with e-mails and, admittedly, I get a little behind on them. Please don’t ever hesitate to call me at 212.895.3999 for immediate satisfaction.

I’m here to help with consignments and all customer service questions. Please reach out to me the moment I am needed. I am happy to be of service and want all of your transactions to end with you being satisfied!

I look forward to seeing you in San Diego next week if you are going. Have a great week!

Kind regards,

Rob Reynolds

Director of Consignments

support@comicconnect.com