• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC: Group for dinner and then Captain America Friday night?

22 posts in this topic

Anybody interested in joining me for dinner Friday evening and then heading over to Horton Plaza to see Captain America? I'm excited about the movie and can't think of a better place to see it than on opening night in San Diego. The best times I have at the movies are when the crowd is really enthusiastic about what they're watching.

I've got a number of free tickets for the 7:45 showing and the 10:30. I'm planning to attend the 10:30 pm show, but if that's too late for anybody you're welcome to head out earlier for the 7:45.

Anybody interested? Dinner suggestions?

Show closes at 7pm. I already have evening plans for Friday, but might catch a matinee. I wish I could have gotten a ticket for the Thursday morning 10am special screening. Chris Evans is introducing the film, and an alternate one-sheet is being given out to everyone in attendance.

Show closes at 7pm. I already have evening plans for Friday, but might catch a matinee. I wish I could have gotten a ticket for the Thursday morning 10am special screening. Chris Evans is introducing the film, and an alternate one-sheet is being given out to everyone in attendance.

How did people get tickets for that????:(

:bump:

Nobody interested in seeing Captain America Friday night? I've got free tickets to give out--spouses & kids also welcome.

Now that I might have someone staying in the Houseboat and it looks like I will be there, are there still tickets left? hm

Just heard that Horton Plaza will be having screenings all day on Thursday. The 10am is the invitation-only with Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving, but there will be screenings for the rest of the day that will be open to the public. They don't show up on Fandango yet, but apparently they will soon.

I'd love to make the 7:45 show but I'm afraid that by showing up at the start of the movie we'd be left sitting under the screen cranking our necks skyward.

Especially if all the twilight fans decide to jump on this bandwagon too.

lol

Might have to wait till we get home to see this one.

Updated Friday plans:

I think trying to arrange a sit down dinner wouldn't be the best idea, with everybody having different schedules, plus going to two different showings. Instead, I'm going to hang out at the Gaslamp Tavern (Menu) where people can easily meet up with me, hang out as long as they want and grab a bite to eat or a couple of drinks, and then head over to the movie.

Gaslamp Tavern is at the corner of 5th and E near Horton Plaza. I'll be there from 5:45 pm to about 9:30 pm Friday. If you're going to the 7:45, I suggest you meet me at the Gaslamp Tavern around 5:45 to 6:15, hang out for a bit, and then head over to the theater around 6:45. I'll be staying at the tavern to meet up with the later group. People in the later group ought to meet me at Gaslamp Tavern around 8:00 or 8:30, and we'll go to the theater around 9:30 or so.

I'm now out of tickets for the 7:45 and almost out for 10:30. If you want to join us for the 10:30, PM me.

Who's going to the 7:45:

Buddy and Judy Saunders (my parents) from Lone Star Comics/mycomicshop.com

2 friends of Buddy's

boardie Paratrooper, party of 4

boardie Firefly, party of 4

JC Vaughn from Overstreet and Michael Solof from Diamond's Scoop

non-boardie Gary, party of 2

non-boardie Ryan, party of 4

For the 10:30:

Me and my wife Jenny

Boardie pink181, party of 7 that includes writers and artists for Oni, Dark Horse, Vertigo, and Marvel

Boardie edgerx (John)

Boardie reptilekingdie, party of 3 (Mario)

Boardie Johnny G (John)

Boardie monstermonkey79 & wife

Non-boardie Josh, party of 3

Non-boardies Zac & Jason

Non-boardie Robert, party of 3

Non-boardie David

Sunil, a friend of mine I've known since elementary school who says he may be accompanied by a "Hugo-nominated author, a singer, a fiddler, and Amber Benson (Tara from Buffy, comic writer)". Don't know if they're all going but sounds like an interesting group.

I'm sending out an email/PM to confirm details to those who have requested tickets. If anybody needs to get in touch with me in San Diego, my cell number is 512-240-2802.

Conan

Now that I might have someone staying in the Houseboat and it looks like I will be there, are there still tickets left? hm

Yeah, still have a few. Just let me know if you want to go to the 7:45 or the 10:30.