• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the "favorite" charities born from these boards ?

7 posts in this topic

Is there more than one ? I've heard of something about "the fund for the retired comic artists" or something like that. I mean what if someone left a million dollar inheritance to The Collectors Society Comic Book Forums. Would that $$$ go to CGC ?? Or the various forums ? or ....or ...or ??

Which one or two (or few) are the favorites of the people of these boards ? I know some of you are involved in these big time :applause:

Time for a shout out thread about it !!

There's the Hero Initiative and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. I don't know much about the CBLDF, only that it exists.

hm I guess, since this place is FREE there isn't really much of a "cash flow" goin on here. Still, forum and message board sites need people to manage them....to fix stuff and to pay for the use of the domain name and bandwidth memory storage stuff.

Watson, do you know if this entire site is run by our CGC friends who encase books for us ? Like a business expense ..... ?

And yea, the Nik donation AND the comicdonna donations were kind of one time things. I'll look into the Hero Initiative and the CBLDF a little .... thx

"The Nik memorial charity for his wife and kids." :applause:

Yeah, the Nik thing. Glad the cel made it. It was a nice thing to do.

My other favorite was the Help BustedFlush Get To SDCC This Year fund. I believe that charity is still open for contributions.