• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #1 Blank Good or Bad?

39 posts in this topic

The Ghost Rider cover has a much "flatter" finish to it so penciling is about the same as always (because I use HB lead), but it takes ink very much the same as Blue Line Pro pages. I haven't painted on any yet.

The Ghost Rider I'm currently doing will either function as the door prize at the next Roanoke Valley ComiCon, or be auctioned by the show's promoter through his website. Either way I'll make sure MENACE (Jake) gets a copy to show you guys what the finished product comes out looking like.

Here's a scan of the latest Blank cover:

awesome, right?

If only this were true for all of them ... covers like thor blank simply dont make this funny any more doh!

Many of the books for #1 exhibit a spine stress mark above the lower staple of the book. It's something to look out for.

So true

Cherry picked today at my LCS, the majority of the books had the spine stress mark :cry:

But some did not :)

also any word on the schism blank cover?

I'm with you :popcorn:

We x-fans are waiting on the verdict on these. I love the look of this blank, best looking x-blank yet imo

Okay guys - for all those waiting for the Cap/Schism/Ghost Blanks from me.

I know there has been a lot of concern due to similar defects on these blanks, so I held off shipping until I got one back that I Fast Tracked Graded. I took an X-Men Schism off the top of the pile and it came back CGC 9.8

I know what should grade 9.8 and what won't so I'll be sorting them this weekend and shipping them Monday. I will do my best to get my regular customers the best quality.

(thumbs u