• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Made a Deal for a One-Owner Collection of Moderns

3 posts in this topic

Certainly not BSD territory by any stretch, but it's about 5,000 books from late 70s to late 80's, single owner collection (female collector!), no duplicates, long runs of most Marvel titles, all bagged/boarded/long and short boxed, average condition VF/NM, not cherry-picked. Looks like the majority of the collection was bought monthly over the years from Westfield Comics (are they still in business?).

A question; the collection includes about 500 issues of early manga (Oh my Goddess, Ranma 1/2, Lone Wolf, Akira, etc.), is there a back issue market for these type books?

Westfield Comics is alive and well here in Madison, WI.

Were these purchased via mailorder, or did you come into my territory to make this purchase? smirk.gif

Are you selling any of the Marvels?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Westfield Comics is alive and well here in Madison, WI.

Were these purchased via mailorder, or did you come into my territory to make this purchase? smirk.gif

Are you selling any of the Marvels?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Collection was amassed in upstate New York. I think the original collector had a subscription service through Westfield, there were lots of boxes from them filled with comics and leftover supplies.

I recall seeing subscription service ads from Westfield in the Marvels I bought off the rack back in the day.

Yes, I will be selling practically the entire collection, but I won't get my hands on it until May 2. Feel free to PM a list of titles/issues if you'd like.

One highlight I noticed during my 2 hour+ perusal of the books -- two of the first three Grendel black and white issues from Comico... cloud9.gif and a bunch of the Mage issues.