• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WWCGCD?

9 posts in this topic

Hoping some of you with more CGC experience might have an answer to this. I've shown this book in past threads, but still not clear on what I should do. IF I submit this (otherwise) very nice JIM Annual #1 with this production trim flaw unfolded like this, would CGC slab it unfolded? And likewise, if I submit it folded, will they slab it folded? I'm thinking of submitting it UNfolded hoping to make it more obvious that it's more than just a simple tear.

Should I have posted this in the CBG&RI forum?

slabbers013.jpg

slabbers010.jpg

I would submit it but with the piece folded in... it's a stunning book!

My thinking is that when (and if) they do a page count they would notice the obvious production defect and make a notation of it.

Good question. I hope they don't unfold it... It would look awful sticking out of the book in the case (and probably get damaged).

I think so too. You can see it sticking out in the enclosed pic. If that were in a slab, it would look tacky, and someone would automatically assume post production damage. Once it's slabbed and (hopefully) graded for its nice quality, taking for account it's a production flaw, "out of site-out of mind" is better. Besides, I don't sell my collection so I just want it to look nice.

But would the label make mention of it? I know they do when the book is incomplete. And when the flaw is "printers ink" it is plainly visible inside the slab, but what about production flaws within the book?