• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guinness recognizes largest comic book collection!

121 posts in this topic

there are probably thousands that can beat him but all he done is set the bar for the rest of us to beat!!

From what i see of that collection, he aint exactly setting much of a bar to beat other than maybe quantity over quality.

Guys here on the boards like cheetah, ghost town and a lot of others(not to mention the guys who arent even on the registry!) are setting a MUCH higher bar to strive for than this guy if you ask me.

Those guys have THOUSANDS of slabs, most of which are HG examples of some of the nicest, rarest, most expensive comics in the world. I'll never even come remotely close but personally thats what i'm shooting for not some guy with an load of simpsons and Beavis and Butthead comics (thumbs u

But he did set a bar...a bar for getting into the Guinness book of World Records for the world's largest collection. This isn't the record for the best "quality" or "highest value" collection, it's purely about quantity.

There is something to be said for accumulating 68,000 individual issues. Not everything is about bling.

So, nobody knows this guy?? I want to sell him mylars for those 68,000 comics.

:popcorn:

lol

I dont think he has any books valuable enough to waste money on bags and boards from what i see hm

B, B, But his collection is worth $1M. Someone should do this guy a favor and tell him to call me. I'm doing this for him, and more importantly, those Simpson Comics.

Someone said earlier and I guarantee it's the truth. He has tens of thousands of moderns that guide says are worth $3,4,5 dollars apiece when in reality, you'd be luck to sell them in 50 cent boxes.

don't tell that to the insurance company after he files a claim when his badjillion dollar collection goes up in smoke

now he's documented its value and prominence

we should all be so smart

there are probably thousands that can beat him but all he done is set the bar for the rest of us to beat!!

From what i see of that collection, he aint exactly setting much of a bar to beat other than maybe quantity over quality.

Guys here on the boards like cheetah, ghost town and a lot of others(not to mention the guys who arent even on the registry!) are setting a MUCH higher bar to strive for than this guy if you ask me.

Those guys have THOUSANDS of slabs, most of which are HG examples of some of the nicest, rarest, most expensive comics in the world. I'll never even come remotely close but personally thats what i'm shooting for not some guy with an load of simpsons and Beavis and Butthead comics (thumbs u

But he did set a bar...a bar for getting into the Guinness book of World Records for the world's largest collection. This isn't the record for the best "quality" or "highest value" collection, it's purely about quantity.

There is something to be said for accumulating 68,000 individual issues. Not everything is about bling.

He didn't get into the Guinness book of World Records. He got into the "World Record Academy."

This is just frickin' embarassing!!

"Brett has a comic which is rated as a 9.8 on the scale"

What, just one?

I promise you, this guy does not represent Australian collectors.

(Sticking a few Simpsons comics behind glass, what a m oron!)

yes but then

THIS is realy embarassing

His wife would complain about his obsession, but the collection has paid its way.

"She wanted a washing machine and dryer and she begged me for one.

"So a guy came around and bought one comic for $800 which bought her a washing machine and dryer," says Brett.

She begged for a washing machine

that's a good little nugget. what kind of jerk accumulates 68,000 comics when he doesn't have a washing machine/dryer for his frigging family? sure, mile high chuck has billions of comics and probably washes his clothing (what little he wears when showing off his tats and massive pythons honed through picking up millions of long boxes at shows over the years) in colorado mountain streams, but that's another story.

true, and if this were actually a record, i'd be a little impressed. it's my understanding though that there are numerous people just here on the boards that have over 68,000 books. From what i hear, some of them even have books nicer than Beavis and Butthead #1!

He didn't get into the Guinness book of World Records. He got into the "World Record Academy."

Whatever. Guinness recognized it.

So, nobody knows this guy?? I want to sell him mylars for those 68,000 comics.

:popcorn:

lol

I dont think he has any books valuable enough to waste money on bags and boards from what i see hm

B, B, But his collection is worth $1M. Someone should do this guy a favor and tell him to call me. I'm doing this for him, and more importantly, those Simpson Comics.

Someone said earlier and I guarantee it's the truth. He has tens of thousands of moderns that guide says are worth $3,4,5 dollars apiece when in reality, you'd be luck to sell them in 50 cent boxes.

don't tell that to the insurance company after he files a claim when his badjillion dollar collection goes up in smoke

now he's documented its value and prominence

we should all be so smart

Prominence..? That a collection is "bigger than everyone else's" isn't really a concern of the insurance company.

(thumbs u

true, and if this were actually a record, i'd be a little impressed. it's my understanding though that there are numerous people just here on the boards that have over 68,000 books. From what i hear, some of them even have books nicer than Beavis and Butthead #1!

Maybe, but the bar is currently set at 68K by this dude until someone else decides to step up.

No, they didn't. That's the point. The link is a link back to the same article. Guinness is mentioned for two completely different things, and only to fool people...like yourself...into believing Guinness had anything to do with it by implication.

Did you just wake up...?

:makepoint:

guiness or the academy says it's worth $1 million+, so it must be true

once it's all ash the insurance co. will be fighting it out with him

"Your Honor, this collection was so fantabulistic that it received international recognition. Comic collectors as far away as California, New York and the U.K. were discussing its place in history. Please let me introduce as Exhibit A a Wizard Price Guide from March 1993 that will show just how valuable these comics were...."

When the adjuster settles for $250K (thinking that's a big win vs. $1 million) this guy will be about $235K ahead of the game!

No, they didn't. That's the point. The link is a link back to the same article. Guinness is mentioned for two completely different things, and only to fool people...like yourself...into believing Guinness had anything to do with it by implication.

Did you just wake up...?

The article didn't fool me, because I didn't read it. I was misled by the title of this thread.

I have a lot of threads to catch up on. Also, I did just wake up...next to your mom.

Did you just wake up...?

The article didn't fool me, because I didn't read it. I was misled by the title of this thread.

I have a lot of threads to catch up on. Also, I did just wake up...next to your mom.

hm

When did she go blind...? :shrug:

I wonder if I could get in for the most slabs.

I was just wondering the same thing hm

I know not everyone is on the registry but cheetah has almost 2,000 more slabs than the next closest person on the registry.

Does anyone know of somebody that has more than cheetahs 6200 or so slabs?

How about that guy who used to go by "pastimperfekt", or something like that, on Ebay?

I know he's a board member, but I can't remember his handle.

Did you just wake up...?

hm

It probably happened when I...never mind.

How about that guy who used to go by "pastimperfekt", or something like that, on Ebay?

I know he's a board member, but I can't remember his handle.

Can't believe I forgot about John. He kills me. He's got to have five times what I have.

Did you just wake up...?

hm

It probably happened when I...never mind.

...showed her your pic on Facebook...? Abject horror can produce some interesting physical side effects.