• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite John Carpenter films

39 posts in this topic

1. Halloween

2. The Thing

3. Big Trouble in Little China

4. Escape from NY

Am surprised Halloween didn't have Kurt Russell in it! lol

I haven't seen a single one of these films, so I guess I don't have a favorite. :blush:

I haven't seen a single one of these films, so I guess I don't have a favorite. :blush:

Step 1. Get Netflix before they go up

Step 2. Rent said movies

Step 3. Watch them

Step 4. Make a list of your favs

Step 5. Post them

(thumbs u

I'm very pleased to see PRINCE OF DARKNESS on a lot of these lists. 99% of the people I know that have seen it (outside comic/sci fi-horror circle) said they thought it was lame. I'm not sure if I'd rather see a remake or even a sequel (done by Carpenter).

I'm very pleased to see PRINCE OF DARKNESS on a lot of these lists. 99% of the people I know that have seen it (outside comic/sci fi-horror circle) said they thought it was lame. I'm not sure if I'd rather see a remake or even a sequel (done by Carpenter).

I thought POD was scary as hell. It would have been scarier if evil incarnate had been something other than dayglo green goo, though.

John Carpenter is signing at a show in KY next weekend. I have a sweet "Thing From Another World" book waiting . . . :cloud9:

Thank god nobody has said "Vampires".

lol I actually liked this movie. Not in my top 3 but it was a fun movie.

It does have one of the greatest lines in movie history:

"He's unstoppable. Unless we stop him."

I thought POD was scary as hell. It would have been scarier if evil incarnate had been something other than dayglo green goo, though.

John Carpenter is signing at a show in KY next weekend. I have a sweet "Thing From Another World" book waiting . . . :cloud9:

:applause: Wish I could go :( I have nothing for him to sign, but if I were going I'm sure I could find something