• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

penny auction sites

11 posts in this topic

With penny auction sites gaining momentum such as Beezid, would it be conceivable similar sites for comics/collectibles will pop-up?

Someone should as they would become very rich. :idea:

Then again if you were going to start a penny site why limit it to a small niche when you could have a mainstream site?

With penny auction sites gaining momentum such as Beezid, would it be conceivable similar sites for comics/collectibles will pop-up?

Then again if you were going to start a penny site why limit it to a small niche when you could have a mainstream site?

Good point, but if you limited it to collectibles/comics you could develop a very loyal and core group of collectors like a regular comic auction site.

Good point, but if you limited it to collectibles/comics you could develop a very loyal and core group of collectors like a regular comic auction site.

Interesting like comics,cards,action figures and coins. hm

I havent joined. No interest in any of the items they put up. Looks like a lot of generic electronics and things like that. However it looks like they take several steps and meet certain criteria to show that these are legit auctions.

ebay started as a Pez auction site, gotta start somewhere.

As an experiment I tried doing an auction site on a small scale. Anyone doing this will need a lot of bank. The big problem is that everyone complains about eBay, yet no one wants to leave because eBay is the big dog.

No matter how many illogical changes/terms it implements or how anti-user friendly eBay becomes, people stay and whine because they know there is no place that can offer the level of buyer exposure it can. And the shill bidding, color touching, cover trimming pirates love eBay. Where else could anyone like 54desoto or Robo thrive? They certainly would not make it on any "for collectors by collectors" site.

That site the Bunky Brothers listed on is a template site - same I used and a few others have used, much older but the same. I've heard others have tried listing on different auction sites with little to no real results.

eBay, no matter how hated will not be going anywhere anytime soon and I seriously doubt anyone will be able to take any meaningful amount of their comic business away. Though, it would be nice to see a site operated by someone who knows comics and collectors.

about a year ago someone posted in these forums about starting one up:

http://pennycomicsbid.com/

The link still works but it doesn't look like the bids are for pennies anymore. Inflation!

I see BunkyBrothers are selling there

maybe a boardie who knows them could ask if any sales are occurring

Bunky Brian told me that he had listed a ton of books on bidz.com with little movement. It also looks like that site you listed is no longer operating.