• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you reference the kudos threads?

Do you reference the kudos forum?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Do you reference the kudos forum?

57 posts in this topic

So if its a waste of time, whats the solution?

How does a new seller get started?

I had success with selling slabs but nothing on the raw books.

A new seller gets started like the new sellers got started the first 9 years the boards were up...

And don't tell me that things are different now because there are a lot of new members, the huge jump in membership started around 2006 - 2007 and the kudos threads weren't even a glint in someone's eye.

Offer 100% refund and hassle free return, provide large and decent scans, and most of all, get involved in the boards, do not come here with the sole intent of using this as a cheap way to unload your books. Be part of the community, make friends, make contacts, if you are unsure about your grading use the forum to establish a grade for a certain books. (thumbs u

I would have ended that with a rather raucous, "Pizz Off!" hm

I don't. I have a hard time searching for buyer's names on dial-up to leave kudos even. I have to go through way too many screens to find out they don't even have a feedback thread. It really breaks you. I usually just wait to see if their names hit page #1 now. I really hate Arch for incoporating this new set-up upon us. I wish there was an alternate kudos thread the old way to better cater to the dial-up crowd. :sumo:
The easier way to search is to open the Kudo Forum, go to the bottom of the page under Display Options. Where is says Sort By - choose Thread Starter (this will alphabetize posts by the person who started the Kudo thread)

(thumbs u

That is why Arch wanted everyone to start their own Kudos thread rather than have it started by others.

Still takes forever on dial-up to open pages in those sections for some reason. I don't expect Arch to change anything for little old me, but I'm just saying I enjoy leaving kudos the old way and wish somehow we could continue through that method. That's all. :)

A new seller gets started like the new sellers got started the first 9 years the boards were up...

And don't tell me that things are different now because there are a lot of new members, the huge jump in membership started around 2006 - 2007 and the kudos threads weren't even a glint in someone's eye.

Offer 100% refund and hassle free return, provide large and decent scans, and most of all, get involved in the boards, do not come here with the sole intent of using this as a cheap way to unload your books. Be part of the community, make friends, make contacts, if you are unsure about your grading use the forum to establish a grade for a certain books. (thumbs u

I would have ended that with a rather raucous, "Pizz Off!" hm

I know.

Excellent post. :applause:

However, I'm going to go against the flow and say that I generally like the way the kudos threads are now. The old thread was so long that it was pretty much worthless and I didn't even bother using it because of that.

With the new kudos threads though, when I'm selling to someone who I don't know, I can just PM them a link to my thread which details numerous legitimate, happy transactions and when I'm buying from someone I don't know, I do sometimes look through their kudos thread to see if they have dealt with people that I know and what kind of transactions they've had.

If someone has an idea for a better system, I'm all ears.

Excellent post. :applause:

However, I'm going to go against the flow and say that I generally like the way the kudos threads are now. The old thread was so long that it was pretty much worthless and I didn't even bother using it because of that.

With the new kudos threads though, when I'm selling to someone who I don't know, I can just PM them a link to my thread which details numerous legitimate, happy transactions and when I'm buying from someone I don't know, I do sometimes look through their kudos thread to see if they have dealt with people that I know and what kind of transactions they've had.

Pot stirrer.

I've met you, you're all ears and a leather jacket.

That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever said to me. :cloud9:

He also responds to, Trigger.

Pot stirrer.

th_gary.jpg

th_gary.jpg

:o I didn't realise that I was being secretly photographed.

:ohnoez:

He also responds to, Trigger.

Trigger Happy.

hm