• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS Pricing & Collectors Society Coupon

5 posts in this topic

Gang,

I couldn't find the CGC SS pricing anywhere, although I could swear I saw it a week or so ago... Can anyone point me to it? And does anyone know if I can redeem my 3 submission Collectors Society coupon for SS grading?

NEAL ADAMS and STAN LEE are coming to town and I'd really like to get some of my books signed.

Thanks in advance!

CGC SS pricing depends on whether you're dropping off the books directly at CGC's booth or going through a facilitator.

If it's the former, it's usually $10 pr. signature pr. book on top of the regular grading fee - for instance, a book submitted under the Modern tier is usually $17. If it's submitted for SS, the CGC grading fee goes up to $27.

Some creators also charge an extra fee that goes directly to the creator - for Stan Lee's fee, you should ask Desertwind Comics (as they seem to handle almost all of his signings).

I did this in Phoenix last year (used my CGC Coupon for signature series at the Stan Lee signing). The CGC rep onsite there (I feel badly for forgetting his name) wasn't 100% sure if it was allowable, but he did take my coupon and just charge me the signature witness fee ($10 per book for the three books). So I ended up paying a total of $30 plus return postage for the three books. I also paid the fee for Stan's signature, but that's outside of CGC.

But, as I said earlier, the CGC rep wasn't sure if that was standard operating procedure being that nobody had ever done that before when he was working a CGC sig opportunity, so it may or may not be allowed depending on who is working the event. I may have just gotten lucky....or it may be a documented thing that you can actually do now.

My guess is that they'll probably do it like they did with me, but that's just a guess.

Thanks guys. DWC isn't sure either. I've already purchased some tickets for STAN LEE, but I'm still waiting to find out about the coupons. I want to submit an X-MEN #1 and a DD #1, so I'm hoping I can have them covered by the coupon. It would save me some $$$.

:wishluck: