• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFT - Sinbad books...

12 posts in this topic

• Administrator

I had one user contact me with the following request:

I was wondering if the 1001 Arabian Nights/Sin-bad can be placed in with the GFT master list as well as on its own as it is today.

That was until sinbad from 1001 Arabian Nights was incorporated into the Dream Eater saga when EBAS put Sin-bad into the wraparound cover. This now makes Arabian Nights part of the saga and I believe it should be included into the Grimm Fairy Tales Master Listing. As well as how it is currently listed, The same goes for Myths and Legends and Dream Eater getting there own runs as well. Something no one has requested I suppose as of this letter.

But then another user argued that:

I can only see adding series and one-shot issues which have Grimm Fairy Tales mentioned somewhere in the title.

When it comes to Return To Wonderland, Beyond Wonderland, Escape From Wonderland, Tales From Wonderland, and Neverland all of those are Grimm Fairy Tales Presents. Sinbad is it's own series and only issue #7 has a GFT crossover. I checked the census and there isn't a graded copy of that issue. With the exception of #7 not one issue mentions Grimm Fairy Tales on the cover. Sinbad is not a Grimm Fairy Tales Presents it is only 1001 Arabian Nights: The Adventures Of Sinbad.

Sinbad already has it's own set and doesn't belong in GFT: Complete. Could you please remove those.

So, I am posting this for discussion among all Grimm Fairy Tales collectors...

Keep Sinbad in the Master Set, or just leave it in its own set, or just add issue #7 to the master set?

hm

That was until sinbad from 1001 Arabian Nights was incorporated into the Dream Eater saga when EBAS put Sin-bad into the wraparound cover. This now makes Arabian Nights part of the saga and I believe it should be included into the Grimm Fairy Tales Master Listing.

Hi Gemma,

I'm just going to use Amazing Spider Man as an example on a larger scale.

If requested will you add every series by a Marvel character into the Amazing Spider Man (Complete) registry set that has ever appreared in or on the cover of ASM? How about any character involved in any crossover with Spider man? If your going to set precedent with this any person can request that every issue of Wolverine, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, ect.. be added for the same exact reason.

Hello,

When I had originally requested to start a comic run of the 1001 Arabian Nights and Sinbad story line I did not ask or did I believe it was part of the Grimm Fairy Tales. It had no tie in to that comic run as is the case still to date for the Waking that I also collect and most recently Brimstone "The only similarity was that they all are from Zenescope"

When Inferno came out, Myths and Legends, Never-land, and then Dream Eater I was excited. Not to mention the various other stories and covers that have some little joining into the world of these tales.

It is masterful how the artists and writers in title, art or story have brought all these worlds, places, times together even in the most subtle ways. So when Zenscope through the art of Ebas incorporated Sinbad from the 1001 Arabian Nights saga my request was made.

You can not disbute that Sinbad on the front cover is worth a thousand words

Personally, even though I am a novice collector, I enjoy it very much. It can even be verified that I have been collecting Arabian nights, Inferno, the Waking, Brimstone and all the other off story lines that are linked even in the slightest way.

What makes what these guys (Zenescope) are doing (if they realize it or not) so very special is that their work would make J.R.R Tolkien proud to see how this is developing and how they are tying in all these different worlds, times, characters, stories etc making a virtual future movie production in as many parts as they would like.

Even superior then Avatar or the Harry Potter line.

Very much the same as how Tolkien incorporated the tiniest story the Hobbit into a little bigger story “The Fellowship of the ring into a bigger story “The Two Towers and the climax the Return of the King.

Only some realize all of this is part of a different story, different struggles, different characters, with many other little stories within and times.

If Peter Jackson wanted to he could actually make 10 more parts to the Fellowship because everything in Tolkien’s world comes together through the Silmarillion. The early times that comprise many stories.

What a feature that could be!

So what these guys are putting together at Zenescope like it or not is a story that has no bounds but that works by being joined by other off titles in this case the Dream Eater.

IF they ever incorporate the Waking or Brimstone or some future run I hope so, in any event I can see what is happening and think its beneficial not just for Zenscope, but for those who collect Grimm Fairy Tales or Zenescope all together, as well as my new friends at CGC.

Incorporating the runs and having them separate as well should bring others to want to collect and be a part of these comic stories, art and runs.

Personally, I collect and want others to join in. I want to make friends since I lost so many in “my life” and have no fear of competition, In fact my joy is in seeing and talking with the other collectors, that’s prize enough. I will continue to list my books as soon as I have them for all collectors to enjoy no matter what the jury decides ........... lol

This world that is being created should be allowed to move forward and before our eyes. It is beneficial for all concerned and I hope that it makes this book long lasting.

As is the case with more well know companies and characters and super heroes.

I collect those type comic's as well but can understand the reasons why they have been left alone and not brought together.

In fact If I had the time I could explain why CGC should let those runs keep their own identities.

The Mongoose 3503, 2001, 01, 9-11,

Killer of Rats & Snakes

Peace On Earth Good Will To All

• Administrator

I have removed the series from that set for now, but am happy to hear more discussion and will gladly reconsider adding them if more users request them to be added again.

I am in total support of adding this run to the Grimm Fairy Tales set especially since it was made part of the story line from both the Dream Eater and Myths and Legends. Sinbad was included in battle royalle and you could see that Raymond Gregory was going down the J,R Tokien route. Then came the multiple Sinbad and Arabian Nights cross overs locking in the story, charecters and legends. (thumbs u.