• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade My Silver Surfer #1

33 posts in this topic

Good question. There could have been something on the back cover of another book that stuck to the cover of this one. Either way it still has basically the same effect, but I see your point since this would have to be some big pieces of tape.

It's a shame really, because of the rest of the books appearence, but.........you can't be too choosy when you don't have the dough for the higher grade stuff.

Definitely don't lose sleep. It's not like you bought it hope for NM and it's a GD to VG.

When buying books, ALWAYS, view books from several angles so that you can see the light "shimmer" of the gloss. I have to believe that if you didn't do this, since you would have noticed no gloss on those clouds. 27_laughing.gif

Definitely don't lose sleep. It's not like you bought it hope for NM and it's a GD to VG.

When buying books, ALWAYS, view books from several angles so that you can see the light "shimmer" of the gloss. I have to believe that if you didn't do this, since you would have noticed no gloss on those clouds. 27_laughing.gif

That hurt man....that really hurt sorry.gif

I thought the lack of gloss on the clouds was a cosmic effect due to the time space continum??????

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

thought the lack of gloss on the clouds was a cosmic effect due to the time space continum??????

Only in Back to the Future.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but regardless of the grade, looking at a book at various angles is a must. Amazing what you see as the light reflects off the gloss (i.e. color touches, surface creases, large chunks of the cover missing from tape pulls, etc.)

If I told you the whole story it would be worse. I looked at this book a few weeks before noticed the tape damage and passed on the book. Then I walk in the same shop, look at the same book, forgot why I origionally passed on it, look at it and totally missed a major flaw and then purchased it. blush.gif

It just wasn't a good grading day for me.............from now on I will not be buying any books with clouds, just in case foreheadslap.gif

A few years ago I found a beautiful early silver age Superman in a dollar bin. I checked it over and over and couldn't find anything except for a few tiny flaws. So, I was excited to get a silver age gem for $1.

A few days later I was looking at the comic and saw what I had missed before:

On the cover in ballpoint pen, someone had drawn a Pee-nis going into Superman's mouth 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

If I submitted it, would I get a Qualified 9.0? NOTE: "Pee-nis In Superman's Mouth"

insane.gifooo.gif

EDIT: Yes, I know how to spell it... but it got censored foreheadslap.gif

A few years ago I found a beautiful early silver age Superman in a dollar bin. I checked it over and over and couldn't find anything except for a few tiny flaws. So, I was excited to get a silver age gem for $1.

A few days later I was looking at the comic and saw what I had missed before:

On the cover in ballpoint pen, someone had drawn a Pee-nis going into Superman's mouth 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

If I submitted it, would I get a Qualified 9.0? NOTE: "Pee-nis In Superman's Mouth"

insane.gifooo.gif

EDIT: Yes, I know how to spell it... but it got censored foreheadslap.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The famous "Pee-nis Pedigree" collection!!!!

If I told you the whole story it would be worse.

I think you just told us the whole story.

And you were right, it's worse (can you spell Alzheimers).

insane.gif

What were we talking about?????? Oh ya cosmic clouds or something.....anyway if I told you the whole story it would be worse. insane.gif