• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: The Reviews are coming in and its a heaping pile of....UPDATED!

178 posts in this topic

Finally saw it and thought it was good, but not great when compared to the better superhero movies. What WAS really cool was the scenes for the Avengers movie they showed at the end of the credits. Looks badazz!!

I have never seen this movie:

A Matter of Life and Death (Stairway to Heaven)

One of the best films ever made - I didn't know that it had a different title in the US.

I'll watch it with my wife when she returns from Europe in September if you'll agree to watch Gone with the Wind.

One of the best films ever made - I didn't know that it had a different title in the US.

I'll watch it with my wife when she returns from Europe in September if you'll agree to watch Gone with the Wind.

I've never seen Gone with the Wind.

You can't go wrong with any Powell/Pressburger film.

I really enjoyed the film. Thankfully, Marvel knows how to translate superheroes to the big screen.

I can't wait to watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

:o

I know. You posted that fact once months ago & it has stayed in my memory. That's why I thought to suggest this compact with you.

:o

It's hasn't been intentional.

Gone with the Wind is thoroughly entertaining ( as long as you have a taste for old movies), just don't watch it expecting the greatest movie evah.

Reading the description of Stairway to Heaven, I'm pretty sure I saw it a long time ago. Oddly I remember the whole thing in B/W - which means it was probably in the early 80s when I only had an old B&W televison I bought for $10.

An epic movie indeed.

Saw it yesterday and loved it. Thought it really captured the spirit of the original character and was a great homage to Marvel in general.

The nod to 'A Matter of Life and Death' at the end nearly brought a tear to my eyes and the use of original WW II propaganda material in the credits was pure genius.

just saw it and I concur. great adaptation. far better than the last few I've seen.

and yes, best credits I've enjoyed in a looooooooooooong time.

I'll raise you with a 'I've never seen Gone with the Wind or Titanic.'

Where's the suspense? (shrug)

We all know that Rhett/Scarlett and Jack/Rose marry and live happily ever after.

it's slow until rhett butler appears in the epic film.