• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD LOS ANGELES - SUBMISSIONS?

26 posts in this topic

I'll ask DWC during the San Diego Comic Con this week if they're going. (Chandler's in the car as I type this, driving from Vegas to San Diego, I believe) I'm not sure if they are, but I know CGC will be in attendance.

I'm waiting to find out some things (non-comic-book related) that'll determine if I can attend this show and perhaps ask to be a facilitiator. I'll know in a couple of weeks whether I can or not.

Joel

DWC is NOT scheduled to be attending this show at this time. We will be in the middle of a horrid schedule the months of August, September and October. We will be at 1 show every two weeks starting in late August with Baltimore. But if things change we will make an announcement.

Man, you guys weren't kidding. That is a lineup with some comic and celebrity opportunities that have not been available. I predict this will hit some facilitator's radar.

Man, you guys weren't kidding. That is a lineup with some comic and celebrity opportunities that have not been available. I predict this will hit some facilitator's radar.

Let's hope so. I'll do my part to keep this topic alive in the meantime.

who are the rare ops you guys are talking about ?

I'm most interested in Gabriel Ba who doesn't make a lot of appearances in the U.S. But there are ton of cool celebrity guests as well. Hayden Panattiere (Heroes) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett from Star Wars) stand out to me.

You know that Gabriel JUST did SDCC, which he does almost every yr. Yes, Ladronn, Jock, Hayden Panitierre, etc are rare, plus folks like Deodato Jr don't travel to the US hardly ever.

(sigh) Hopefully CGC will take direct submissions for this show, so everyone can be taken care of. Keep posting what books you'd like to get done so all the powers that be have an idea of real demand so this show can be covered.

Joel

You know that Gabriel JUST did SDCC, which he does almost every yr. Yes, Ladronn, Jock, Hayden Panitierre, etc are rare, plus folks like Deodato Jr don't travel to the US hardly ever.

(sigh) Hopefully CGC will take direct submissions for this show, so everyone can be taken care of. Keep posting what books you'd like to get done so all the powers that be have an idea of real demand so this show can be covered.

Joel

SDCC didn't promote Gabriel Ba as a guest, so I'm sure a lot of folks didn't even know he was coming. He announced he was attending on his website about 4-5 days before SDCC, but by then it too late to get books in the hands of DWC or any other facilitator. :pullhair: