• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's an OT post for ya.....

11 posts in this topic

Well.... to keep it comic related what do you find offensive when looking at the entire comic's community? And while at it, what do you find offensive OUTSIDE of the comic's community?

For me?

I find comic bigots offensive. This includes people insulting or degrading other's tastes in comics or preferred grades. For example, a Silver collector insulting a Modern collector for wanting to buy 9.8 slabbed copies of this month's newest book. To each his own. All comics are created equal in my book. And that includes Action #1 as compared the the newest copy of Superman.

Non-comics related: I just had dinner at Hooters in Seattle. They have different levels of "hot" for their wings. The hottest was "9-11". That is VERY offensive. ---------Sid

Ummm.......two things

1. If all comics are equal...I'll trade you recent modern Superman comic for your Action Comics #1. straight up.

2. The wings grade is actually 9-1-1, which is the phone number you dial for emergencies. It has nothing to do with the tragedy that occured Sept. 11.

Ummm.......two things

1. If all comics are equal...I'll trade you recent modern Superman comic for your Action Comics #1. straight up.

2. The wings grade is actually 9-1-1, which is the phone number you dial for emergencies. It has nothing to do with the tragedy that occured Sept. 11.

I wish I had an Action #1 but I wasn't referring to comic values anyway. Maybe I missed that extra dash in 9-1-1. But if I missed it I am sure others did as well. I still find that an offensive name for a hot sauce being so close to 9-11. They should have changed it. -----Sid

I wish I had an Action #1 -----Sid

You can have that wonderful Action #1 CGC 2.5 if you use the low low BIN price of $330,000 , plus you get a million comics thrown in for free.

27_laughing.gif

No Doubt!

Why the hell do we gotta be so PC any how?

We're all grown comic collectors in a comic forum.

All of this is about as silly as 2 Crackers fighting over skin bleaching solution.

Just take a freakin' breather for pete sake!! Sheesh!!

Sid, I think you need to chill out about the 911 hot sauce. It's just hot sauce for Christ's sake. I like in the most PC city in the world, and I think you're overreacting. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ummm.......two things

I wish I had an Action #1 but I wasn't referring to comic values anyway. Maybe I missed that extra dash in 9-1-1. But if I missed it I am sure others did as well. I still find that an offensive name for a hot sauce being so close to 9-11. They should have changed it. -----Sid

Sid, I think you need to chill out about the 911 hot sauce. It's just hot sauce for Christ's sake. I like in the most PC city in the world, and I think you're overreacting. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I'm chilled. It's not like I went to the manager and complained or anything. Just surprised to see a hot sauce with a reference (or maybe just close reference) to the 9-11 tragedy. Actually, I really don't get offended by much of anything except killing animals for food. Just that one "little" thing. Oh, and I didn't eat the Hooters wings. My friends did and they were the ones that pointed out the 9-11 (or 9-1-1) hot sauce. Geez, those girls there. Aside from the obvious assets, these were some very pretty girls, and I am talking above the neck. -----Sid