• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No good deed goes unpunished.

25 posts in this topic

Thru another venue, I was offering 45 Bronze Age Marvel readers for $25 shipped. A guy bought one, was happy and ordered a second. The box I was using was a tad bigger than the first box so after wrapping the purchased books in cardboard sandwichs, I had some space left over. I was going to throw a day old newspaper in, but decided to send him some coverless books and a few damaged DCs nd 80s B&W books. I going to guess it was six to eight books.Ten tops.

Today I get an email from him saying he is quite unhappy with the new box. He said he paid for bronze age Marvels and I sent him coverless books, DCs and black and white garbage. He wants to either return the box at my expense or will take a $10 refund. I write him back explaining that the books that he's referring to were freebies. Some time goes by and he writes back that half the Marvels are not readers, and he isn't happy. I ask him what not readers means and he says they are books he doesn't read so he wants his money back.

Thru another venue, I was offering 45 Bronze Age Marvel readers for $25 shipped. A guy bought one, was happy and ordered a second. The box I was using was a tad bigger than the first box so after wrapping the purchased books in cardboard sandwichs, I had some space left over. I was going to throw a day old newspaper in, but decided to send him some coverless books and a few damaged DCs nd 80s B&W books. I going to guess it was six to eight books.Ten tops.

Today I get an email from him saying he is quite unhappy with the new box. He said he paid for bronze age Marvels and I sent him coverless books, DCs and black and white garbage. He wants to either return the box at my expense or will take a $10 refund. I write him back explaining that the books that he's referring to were freebies. Some time goes by and he writes back that half the Marvels are not readers, and he isn't happy. I ask him what not readers means and he says they are books he doesn't read so he wants his money back.

man...sorry to hear that

:roflmao: Sorry I don't mean to laugh but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You should tell him that if he is literate they are readable and if he doesn't like them he can always re-sell them. what a dope.

doh! Man, people can sure be a challenge. I deal with issues like this at work all day long. Some feel like they're entitled to everything, and don't see their unreasonable demands as unreasonable at all.

What is that old saying? 'He'd complain if you didn't beat him with a new stick?' Something like that.

This reminds me of the time I sold off a bunch of PS2 games. I put them up as one lot on Ebay with no reserve expecting a couple hundred bucks at most, and it sold for $600+ because apparently some of the games were hard to find. I was pleased, so I packed in a bunch of free games for the buyer without telling him; they were the last to go in the box, so all the freebies were on top.

I got an irate email a couple of weeks later from the buyer, stating that I messed up and sent him the wrong order. Apparently he opened the box, look at the games on the top which he wasn't expecting, and immediately ran to the computer in a huff. It didn't occur to him to examine all the contents before drawing a conclusion.

Next time send free comics to somebody who appreciates them... And that somebody is me (tell me if you need my address...)

serious now. I do get free stuff from my comic mail order every month and although I love to see my comics appear every month, I have more fun discovering the freebees...

Using that logic, in an illiterate's world the "reader" doesn't exist at all. lol

Using that logic, in an illiterate's world the "reader" doesn't exist at all. lol

If an illiterate falls in the woods, will anyone read about it?

doh!

Sounds to me like he's fishing for the $10 refund and hoping you'll do it just to be done with the transaction.

If an illiterate falls in the woods, will anyone read about it?

An illiterate would fell in the woods.

I'm happy to say nothing like this has ever happened to me. Some people think I mistakenly sent them someone else's books sometimes, but they are usually delighted when I let them know it is their's and free to keep. Usually folks are happy with free/extra stuff and realize that's what you sent them.

This reminds me of the time I sold off a bunch of PS2 games. I put them up as one lot on Ebay with no reserve expecting a couple hundred bucks at most, and it sold for $600+ because apparently some of the games were hard to find. I was pleased, so I packed in a bunch of free games for the buyer without telling him; they were the last to go in the box, so all the freebies were on top.

I got an irate email a couple of weeks later from the buyer, stating that I messed up and sent him the wrong order. Apparently he opened the box, look at the games on the top which he wasn't expecting, and immediately ran to the computer in a huff. It didn't occur to him to examine all the contents before drawing a conclusion.

That is why I started putting any freebies that I include in orders on the bottom of boxes...less dumb-dumbs complaining to me :)

Adding extra stuff often confuses people. They get worried that the order was wrong, etc.

It's usually worth adding a note saying that the extra stuff is free so that they understand right away what happened.

I'm happy to say nothing like this has ever happened to me. Some people think I mistakenly sent them someone else's books sometimes, but they are usually delighted when I let them know it is their's and free to keep. Usually folks are happy with free/extra stuff and realize that's what you sent them.