• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb Sketch cover question.

4 posts in this topic

Please excuse the dumb question.

Do all graded sketch covers that receive yellow labels have to be observed by a witness? It seems like some of these must take hours to do and I just can't see a witness standing over and watching it the whole time. Of course some look like they took 10 seconds. :grin: I've never had one done so I was just curious

A cgc witness just has to see the artist hand you (or them) the sketch to validate they did it.

I set up all my sketches first thing of the day at a show and then grab Gemma at some point late in the day to go pick them all up in a single big circuit.

Most artists are happy to hold onto books for you through the day.

A cgc witness just has to see the artist hand you (or them) the sketch to validate they did it.

I set up all my sketches first thing of the day at a show and then grab Gemma at some point late in the day to go pick them all up in a single big circuit.

Most artists are happy to hold onto books for you through the day.

Yup thats what I did also. I usually later in the day or next day ask if they are done, and see if they can hold onto it for like 15mins. Then get a cgc person to walk around with you to pick up all your covers.