• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade these x-men 3, 14, 45

21 posts in this topic

click on image for large scan

3.jpg

Note the very light "micro" wavy-ness along the right edge of this book. I have a few books like this and I always wondered what it was or what caused it. It's not full out water damage, but it looks like moisture got to it somehow.

I'm guessing the book was damp then put in a stack so just the edge was exposed and didn't dry flat... or it was stored with that edge sticking out and it got exposed to light moisture. A 3rd theory is that this is the sign of an amateur press job. I ran this theory by Matt Nelson... he wasn't sure, but he didn't discount the amateur press job possibility.

Any thoughts?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Prolonged readers ware would be a good option in this case. The guy I bought them from Is a great fan of comic books and until a few weeks ago had many books just stored in boxes without bags.

When I went over to his house one night (not comic related) he was sitting in his chair reading ASM #3 I preceded to ask him if he realized what that book was worth and he said no but I bought them when I was young to read and I still read all my books today.

So long story short No pressing in this situation I guarantee it. He has a great collection and we spent 5 hours bagging and boarding it the other day.

3 - 4.5 a nice clean VG+

14 - 5.5 due to the water stain

45 - 6.5 - 7.0 would grade higher but for the rounded corners.

Nice books... I'd be happy to have any of them in my collection cloud9.giflaugh.gif

PM me an offer and we can talk. Otherwise they go back in my box. popcorn.gif

Cal has to be tough on my books. He don't like me..

Not true, sir. I grade all comics tough. I am most tough and harsh on MY comics.

Well, I should say that my personal dislikes for someone does NOT affect my ability to objectively grade comics. I like grading comics a lot and I will refrain from the like/dislike others. The like/dislike talk is better left to others, and I should not partake in that. I hope you at least agree with this post here, like me or not and vice-versa.

CAL