• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers in the ComicLink Focused Auction

78 posts in this topic

Surprised that there's no thread for this yet (as far as I know).

Full disclosure: I have 4 lots in the current auction, but I'll concentrate on lots unrelated to me.

Any boardies win the Avengers #4 9.4 or 9.2? I'm jealous of you both!

What about the ASM action? Spider Man seems to always achieve strong results. Something for me to remember next time I go on a buying spree...

I won four Avengers, all for the initial throwaway bids.

Nothing great- #14, #50 in 9.2, #63 in 9.2 and a 9.8 in the high 100s. Saw a couple that went cheaper than I expected, but I didn't pull the trigger.

Hadn't noticed the date stamp until after I placed my only bid. I always place a max bid at the start of any auction, if it's met onto the next...

When it'll be my turn make a move on an Avengers #4, I'm hoping for a 9.4 grade :wishluck:

A 9.4 copy of Avengers #4 is on my top 5 list of books to own. Although a high grade copy of Journey Into Mystery #83, Avengers #1, or a mid-grade copy of AF 15 would soak up most (or all lol ) of my disposable income.

There's always winning the Lottery...

What books did you win Michael ? Why did you let go of your JIM 7.0 ?

And is there no one else wanting to post their scores tonight ??

Well, once I got the book in hand, I became smitten. I'm biased, of course, but that copy of JIM #83 presents so well, and I have a weakness for white page quality :cloud9:

I bought it as a short term investment, to help pay for the Twin Cities copy of JIM #85, which I did not expect to win back in May. Now I have 2 white pages 8.5 copies of Journey Into Mystery #85, which I was going to get rid of to help finance the purchase of Dale's 9.6 copy (2nd underbidder) and then the Canadian 9.4 copy (Tsimanga's) (1st underbidder on that one)...

I was contemplating purchasing a copy of JIM #83 from Roy that he had expected to come back as an 8.5, but then it came back from the CGC as a 9.0, which placed it out of my range. Ideally, I'd like to have a copy of #83-85 in 8.5 condition or better someday.

Sigh. Just 15 minutes left and I suspect someone's going to get a bargain.

UPDATE: $9,901 for my 7.0 white pages copy (my goal was 10k--muchas gracias to the bidders on that book).

$2,000 for the ow 4.0 copy. I took a bath on that copy. It's dead to me lol

$635 for the ow/w copy of JIM #85 (right on target)

$248 for the ow/w copy of JIM #103 (positive territory)

Shameless plug over with, now I can go back to being an avid spectator for awhile.

I need a beer!

Michael

I'm aiming higher or else I'd make a move. It's 03:00 my time...REALLY should get to bed, gotta wake up at 07:00 to go to work. Gonna stick around though for the final results on CL.

The Avengers i won last night. I really wanted the 9.4 #8 but it wasnt meant to be :(

avengers11.jpg

avengers14.jpg

avengers30.jpg

avengers79.jpg

avengers106.jpg

avengers117.jpg

avengers120.jpg

avengers122.jpg

avengers129.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship) Your Avengers set is becoming formidable. I might start calling you Cheetah Jr.