• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic is in fine condition. There is no writing at all in comic.

15 posts in this topic

Never realized a third of the cover could be torn off & a book could still grade at Fine. Time to regrade all my books...

Obviously you didn't see that CGC copy with the top portion of the comic ripped off. I believe it was a 6.0-6.5 and caused quite a -storm on here.

I do not think you're remembering the grade correctly. I think that X-Men issue was graded 1.5 or 1.0, assuming we're talking about the book that had the top two inches of the front cover neatly sliced off.

Never realized a third of the cover could be torn off & a book could still grade at Fine. Time to regrade all my books...

Obviously you didn't see that CGC copy with the top portion of the comic ripped off. I believe it was a 6.0-6.5 and caused quite a -storm on here.

I do not think you're remembering the grade correctly. I think that X-Men issue was graded 1.5 or 1.0, assuming we're talking about the book that had the top two inches of the front cover neatly sliced off.

Yes, a 1.5 and a 6.0 are so easy to mix up... 893frustrated.gif

It was a Gold or Silver Horror mag missing the top-right part of the cover, of about the same size as this book. The exact title eludes me, since I don't collect that genre.

Got a link? I must have missed that book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, a 1.5 and a 6.0 are so easy to mix up... 893frustrated.gif

It was a Gold or Silver Horror mag missing the top-right part of the cover, of about the same size as this book. The exact title eludes me, since I don't collect that genre.

I am genuinely interested, but wouldn't know who to ask. confused-smiley-013.gif

Got a link? I must have missed that book. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you're really interested, ask around, as I'm *certain* that other forum members still have a scan.

I am genuinely interested, but wouldn't know who to ask. confused-smiley-013.gif

FF, without a doubt, and maybe Odin and a few other "CGC scan researchers".

This is a bit hazy and I'm not sure it received a mid-grade, but are you referring to that book that was published/distributed with tape on the corners and most of the copies are missing small corner pieces? Hopefully someone will remember that one, because I think the reason was that CGC considered those missing pieces production defects...which is pretty bizarre? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But other than that, and you can call me a skeptic, but I find it hard to believe that CGC would give a book that looks like this a universal grade above good? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

92_1_b.JPG

463982-piecemissing.JPG.1922b72d23acb9826abb1c91f38471af.JPG

No, it was a Gold or Silver Horror mag, no tape, no production corners, just the top right corner ripped off. CGC gave it a Fine-range grade, and it caused a real stir on here from even the CGC faithful.