• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #106; OAAW #81...

51 posts in this topic

Is that a crease in the middle of the asm30?

:gossip: If you're talking along the right edge, that's a printer's crease (which CGC does not deduct for since it was part of the printing process).

Good catch, ASMguyyy. When I read your comment, I was pretty sure there was no printer's crease. I plucked it out of my small box, took it out of its bag, and it looks like that is what it is. However, the pic makes it appear much more pronounced because it's very subtle (probably because of the black cover). It's still a great book, but printer's crease now duly noted. :thumbsup: And from what I understand, Shark is right about CGC's general assessing of printer's creases.

Imagine making the trek to your newsstand, over a 2-month period in 1964, when Mysterio, Green Goblin, and Kraven the Hunter made their respective debuts in the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man. I have to imagine it. I was negative three years old at the time. :insane:

ASM lot of 3:

#13 VG+

#14 VG+

#15 VG-

539.00 shipped in the U.S. :news: SOLD.

Hopefully someone won't be able to resist an affordable lot (mini-run) of early Spideys and major keys.

Money-back guarantee if not satisfied. Buy with confidence.

ASM13FC.jpg

ASM13BC.jpg

ASM14FC.jpg

ASM14BC.jpg

ASM15FC.jpg

ASM15BC.jpg

Could be worse Scott. I was -17 ! :olol

And is it weird to say I got a little shiver when I saw those three book? :insane:

Age shouldn't be such a negative thing! :kidaround:

And I would say if anyone DOESN'T get some shivers when they gaze upon this triple-shot of sweetness, then something's desperately wrong in Denmark.

By the way, Forrest, congrats on your Ph.D action. It's essential to have pro-funny book folks in academia. :headbang: We must shake off the stigma that funny books are for the ill-informed and ignorant. Nothing could be further from the truth. :preach:

Ditto, I learned a bit from comics as I started when I was about 9 or 10 really.

I do recall what it felt like to receive big chunks of old ASM when I was 12 and able to order them. I bought #23-59 at first(1976), and then #3-22 and #60-current. It was a blast to get all of those at once, never having seen the issues at all. There were no dealers where I was, no reprints or conventions. I just found the dealer ads in the comics, and ordered the books.

I still have most of those first copies, they are LG enough that few are worth sending to CGC. So I'll have to take the time to slowly scan them and give them grades/names, to sell here. Nice old reader copies. :cloud9:

Ditto, I learned a bit from comics as I started when I was about 9 or 10 really.

I do recall what it felt like to receive big chunks of old ASM when I was 12 and able to order them. I bought #23-59 at first(1976), and then #3-22 and #60-current. It was a blast to get all of those at once, never having seen the issues at all. There were no dealers where I was, no reprints or conventions. I just found the dealer ads in the comics, and ordered the books.

I still have most of those first copies, they are LG enough that few are worth sending to CGC. So I'll have to take the time to slowly scan them and give them grades/names, to sell here. Nice old reader copies. :cloud9:

Great stories. I'll look forward to some of those reader copies, Don. :popcorn:

:banana:

everywhere ive gone in the last 10 mins...youre banana has been there first :(

:roflmao: I seriously laughed out loud, thanks! :)

That ASM 30 sure is puuuurty,,,, (thumbs u

YES IT IS!!!

I better not sit on the fence any longer....

ASM 30 9.2 :takeit:

:hail:

SOLD to the hard-core ASM collector up North!

Hey, congratulations to both! :applause: