• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Avenger? Maybe not.

41 posts in this topic

I think in that ultimate universe it should be Iron Man as Nick Fury approached him first about it. But saying that, I'm guessing in the story line (not seen Cap yet) he already has Cap revived when he speaks to Tony Stark.

The human torch was never in The Avengers. Cap is technically the first Avenger.

Vision joined later so I still think technically cap was first

Actually the original Human Torch was an Avenger as was the Submariner.

I'm thinking they're calling him the 1st Avenger because he was alive in the '40's on Earth...while the rest of the Avengers (with perhaps Thor as an exception) had yet to be born. Vision did not exist as the Vision in the '40's so he doesn't count and Thor had yet to be banished to Earth by Odin...so he doesn't count because in the '40's he lived in Asgaard.

Thor did come to Earth in WW2 as was depicted in the Invaders series in the 70s.

How old is Thor anyways?

From wiki:

Like all Asgardians, Thor is not truly immortal but relies upon periodic consumption of the Golden Apples of Idunn to sustain his extended lifespan, which to date has lasted many millennia.

Who's older, Thor or Hercules?

ANSWER

...was Ares an Avenger?

Yes Ares was an Avenger.

I'm thinking they're calling him the 1st Avenger because he was alive in the '40's on Earth...while the rest of the Avengers (with perhaps Thor as an exception) had yet to be born. Vision did not exist as the Vision in the '40's so he doesn't count and Thor had yet to be banished to Earth by Odin...so he doesn't count because in the '40's he lived in Asgaard.

Thor did come to Earth in WW2 as was depicted in the Invaders series in the 70s.

Was that before or after Cap was there? Just curious....

As I remember it, Cap was active before Thor came to Earth (at least on that occasion that he came to Earth).

John Steed was the first Avenger.

^^

hm Technically incorrect, Dr. David Keel (Ian Hendry) was the first Avenger; John Steed (Patrick MacNee) just supported.

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

The Avengers began with medical doctor, Dr David Keel (Ian Hendry), investigating the murder by a drug ring of his fiancée and office receptionist Peggy. A stranger named John Steed, who was investigating the ring, appeared and together they set out to avenge her death in the first two episodes. Afterwards, Steed asked Keel to partner him as needed to solve crimes.

^^

hm Technically incorrect, Dr. David Keel (Ian Hendry) was the first Avenger; John Steed (Patrick MacNee) just supported.

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

The Avengers began with medical doctor, Dr David Keel (Ian Hendry), investigating the murder by a drug ring of his fiancée and office receptionist Peggy. A stranger named John Steed, who was investigating the ring, appeared and together they set out to avenge her death in the first two episodes. Afterwards, Steed asked Keel to partner him as needed to solve crimes.

When does Mrs. Peel enter the picture?

^^

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

hm True enough, but since Hendry was the featured actor and actually starred in at least two of the episodes without MacNee wouldn't that actually make him the FIRST Avenger??? (shrug)

^^

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

When does Mrs. Peel enter the picture?

She can enter my picture anytime.

^^

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

hm True enough, but since Hendry was the featured actor and actually starred in at least two of the episodes without MacNee wouldn't that actually make him the FIRST Avenger??? (shrug)

He's not an actual Avenger until Steed asks Keel to be his partner, making Keel the second Avenger.

^^

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

He's not an actual Avenger until Steed asks Keel to be his partner, making Keel the second Avenger.

hm I would think the good doctor investigating the murder of his fiancee more apt to be the "avenger" than Steed investigating the drug ring, but then again I may have a rather medieval perspective on avenging.

^^

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

hm I would think the good doctor investigating the murder of his fiancee more apt to be the "avenger" than Steed investigating the drug ring, but then again I may have a rather medieval perspective on avenging.

Drink will to that to you eventually.

^^

Otherwise, ... ^^

Wrong.....

Drink will to that to you eventually.

:applause: (thumbs u

After.

Invaders32.jpgInvaders33.jpg