• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What The Hell Is Going On?

485 posts in this topic

My point is simply this, if we're going to talk about community then let's put forth at least a little effort to actually behave like one.

There are tons of ways to do that without providing someone something of value for no reason other than that they frequent the Sig Room.

Personally, I suggest that people put some of the things that they are looking for in their sig lines. It is a lot easier to help folks find stuff they are looking for that way.

Also, just for the sake of fully discussing the "cliques" and whatnot (and this is not directed at any of the posters in this thread thus far), folks may want to think about the way that they treat facilitators when they wonder why they don't get in on opps. It is not just about being a "big customer."

It is also about doing what you say you are going to do, and treating facilitators with respect. I have heard literally dozens of stories of people committing to sub books and then backing out, switching horses in mid stream when they find out they can maybe get a price break from someone else, and even contacting CAWs directly to try to cut a facilitator out completely. Community is a two way street.

All I did was make a couple of suggestions based on Doug's (MedicAR's) theme of burying the hatchet. As a member of the SS community I was hoping to contribute an idea or two that would help do that. If you have any suggestions let's hear them.

I agree with your statement about how facilitators should get treated with respect. I've also heard stories about people backing out on opps but you can't hold everyone responsible for their actions. Maybe that's something that should be considered grounds for probation list status.

So can someone give me a summation of what all of this is about? If I'm reading correctly, some people were left out of ops and felt slighted? Is that what all of this boils down to?

It's years worth of water under the bridge. Not everyone gets along with everyone else for various reasons and it erupts on a grand scale from time to time. It's not something that can really be summarized. Plus, you would need a flow chart... lots and lots of flow charts.

i dont know a ton of people on these boards. i have had the chance to be offered a few of the private signings which means a lot to me.

i have been promised things by some of the " big dogs " that do ss that they didnt deliver on. some things just dont work out.

i did have one promise made recently that the biggest ss dog of all didnt come through on. it sucked because i was told one thing then they did another and it was all based on them getting a bigger money offer.

i try and treat everyone the way i hope to be treated. as far as getting in on all the private ops i really could care less. just dont promise something then back out.

if i tell you i will pay for something or that i will do something. it will be done. i just try my best to keep my word and again treat people the way i want to be treated.

now bring on the private ops :sumo:

lol

If you have any suggestions let's hear them.

I already did. People should make it public what they collect and what they are looking for. That way everyone can keep their eyes open for them. They should help out at shows that they attend, meet the people that are involved, from CGC and the facilitators. Even just PMing with people can do a world of good as far as networking is concerned.

If you have any suggestions let's hear them.

I already did. People should make it public what they collect and what they are looking for. That way everyone can keep their eyes open for them. They should help out at shows that they attend, meet the people that are involved, from CGC and the facilitators. Even just PMing with people can do a world of good as far as networking is concerned.

I will say I have been very impressed with people on the board when it comes to this. I have had multiple individuals PM me with Joe books I need or sketches they have or have seen on E-Bay. Not to mention the boardies that have handled books for me during signing or at cons. I can't say enough good things! I don't think I would have the collection I have without boardies helping me out!!!!!!

:acclaim:

I think you are all great ..besides Adonis :baiting:

But seriously you have to make contacts and introduce your self at cons to everyone involved in the SS process and also people who share the "yellow" fever we all have.

I got into SS a little over a year ago and have meet some great people...we are all a little different..some more sensitive then others :makepoint: but that is what makes this community so interesting and fun :ohnoez: "Can't we all just get along?" :preach:

I am done with my rantrant and I like all WD opps just so you are all clear :sumo:

I hope you guys like me :sorry:

I do lol

Only been here for a short time but Adonis and Mr Mylar are probably my closest boardie buddies. It all started with my first PM. Yeah Adonis had no idea who I was but that's how it started.

I have done and am trying to do a few convention sketch favors for boardies and asked a few myself. Nothing super special or exclusive. Just the waiting in line kind of favor lol

It is kinda cool to look for something that you know will help someone's collection or at least make them happy :headbang: I love the hunt...plus you get the thrill even if your spending other people's money

I want to thank everyone I've ever deal with for being awesome! I haven't had any sour deals or anything go wrong on these boards yet. :acclaim:

I agree and want to thank everyone I have had transactions with as well. (the most recent from oneasian, thanks buddy). Very few cons come anywhere near me and they never have big names, so I rely on Opps and Sales threads for most of my sketch.

People should make it public what they collect and what they are looking for. That way everyone can keep their eyes open for them.

I have done this for a few months now and a number of boardies have offered me items on my list. A big thanks to them for looking to help someone they don't know!

:foryou:

To all of those that know me ... :censored: you!

To all those that don't, I will include you in my next opp.

lol

Nothing but love for each and everyone of you.

One thing's for sure. This past year has be crazy (as in a good thing).

You can always count of me for Zeck & Milgrom CGC SS opps :)

Also please Note the return of my top 5 list for Fallen Son sketches!

Not cool, man. Four of your five FS covers are on my list! :sumo:

lol

Really, when I started this thread, it was my intent to air out/exorcise whatever the undercurrents in this forum have been lately. This Signature area has just had a very negative vibe to it. It was less about who got in on what opp and more about bringing us closer as a group. The camaraderie that made this forum so special seems to have disappeared slowly over time but has taken a real downward turn in the last month or two.

Unfortunately, most of the members responsible for this haven't participated in this thread yet. I hope they will see it and even if they don't post, take it to heart and let's all try to effect some positive changes!

NOTE: I am not a "Kumbayah" kind of guy, it's just that's it's been so depressing here lately.

lol

I hate every single one of you.

:o

I'm more selective in who I hate/ want to kill.

But seriously, To address MedicAR's original post, you can wish all you want for peace between the boardies but I think that's like asking for world peace.

Some people are beyond saving. On that note, Id like to quote one of my favorite lines.

"I come in peace"

"But you go in pieces, azzhole"

I've dealt with a good number of you on various occasions; buying, selling, sigOps, etc. I think the only folks on this forum that I have met in person and might consider saying "I know them[/]" are Kris (thecollector) and Dre (BeachBum).

I've probably done $10k in transaction on these forums in the last year and I can't think of a single instance where i got mad or upset with someone or they got upset with me.

Go figure, because most people think I can be an azzhole. lol

So I look forward to getting on some folks future sh|t lists, and vice versa. It sounds fun!

I also hope I've endeared myself enough to get into some of these private signings I've yet to have a taste of.

Really, when I started this thread, it was my intent to air out/exorcise whatever the undercurrents in this forum have been lately. This Signature area has just had a very negative vibe to it. It was less about who got in on what opp and more about bringing us closer as a group. The camaraderie that made this forum so special seems to have disappeared slowly over time but has taken a real downward turn in the last month or two.

Unfortunately, most of the members responsible for this haven't participated in this thread yet. I hope they will see it and even if they don't post, take it to heart and let's all try to effect some positive changes!

NOTE: I am not a "Kumbayah" kind of guy, it's just that's it's been so depressing here lately.

lol

I find it ironic that your sig line contains the quote "I hate most of humanity. Though I might be very fond of particular individuals, humanity in general fills me with contempt and despair...."