• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone reading digital comics?

21 posts in this topic

I tend to buy the occasional digital set from Comixology on my iPad for when I'm commuting or travelling with work.

I'd probably buy more if the price point was right, especially for crossovers and events. I've been trying to stick to a core set of moderns but end up having to buy additional issues during some months when a (Remotely interesting) event happens.

For instance, I'm currently reading and enjoying Marvel's "Fear Itself" (Floppies). I've no interest in buying or collecting the tie in's but I'd be tempted to read a digital copy to kill some time on the train / bus / toilet.

Like most here, I don't want to see the demise of paper copy books, but I expect it to be inevitable. Hopefully, the change in media will engage a larger customer base and hopefully keep the medium alive for many years to come.

Hopefully, those newly engaged customes will eventually get to an age and maturity where they wish to re-visit the medium's paper-based heritage thus driving up back issue prices.

Digital also seems a cheap and easy way for new creators to get a foothold in the industry. In the same way that Kindle has created a way for new writers to get their work into the public domain without the need for the financial backing of a publishing house, perhaps we'll start to see some quality independant books getting distributed.