• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Anyone Like A Little Romance In The Morning?

47 posts in this topic

OK Not Romance unless you're in love with the Human Torch, but a cool book none the less. Small piece off the tip of the bottom right corner o/w a very nice 4.0/4.5 call it 3.5 $650

Scan0027.jpg

Scan0028.jpg

I thought for a moment that this *was* a Human Torch romance comic! "Oh Torch, you are *so* hot!" (Sorry, I amuse myself) I've never seen this one before, cool book from 1953 with Cap, Sub-Mariner and Red Skull goodness! (thumbs u

OK Not Romance unless you're in love with the Human Torch, but a cool book none the less. Small piece off the tip of the bottom right corner o/w a very nice 4.0/4.5 call it 3.5 $650

Scan0027.jpg

Scan0028.jpg

Someone should grab this

If I didn't already have a couple copies........I would have

I still think this is one of the most underpriced books in fandom

Scan0027.jpg

Scan0028.jpg

I thought for a moment that this *was* a Human Torch romance comic! "Oh Torch, you are *so* hot!" (Sorry, I amuse myself) I've never seen this one before, cool book from 1953 with Cap, Sub-Mariner and Red Skull goodness! (thumbs u

And the origins of each hero :cloud9:

WARTIME ROMANCES 13 Some stains on the back cover and last page, pages pretty nice on this one as well 4.5 $75

PICTORIAL ROMANCES 5 no surprises here, just a straight VG 4.0 off-white pages $90

PICTORIAL ROMANCES 11 some erasing at the top and then what looks like white-out over the erasing, 1" piece out at the spine mostly on the bc, some tear seals with glue by the top staple. Apparant 2.5 $35

Per PM :takeit:

^^

Thanks Rick!

Not Romance but great Matt Baker, a magnificant set of legs, nobody did it better. a little rust on the top staple

Authentic Police Cases 14 4.5/5.0 Very nice pages $80

Scan0021.jpg

Scan0022.jpg

:takeit:

^^

Thanks Dale. Do you want me to bring it to Chicago next week?

OK, I'm back in town, going to list 4-5 more and then most of the rest of them tomorrow.

1st up Tonight:

TRUE LOVE PICTORIAL 8

The bad: tip off the top right corner, tip off the bottom right corner, bottom staple missing; it was there at one time, centerfold is detached.

The good: terrific cover image, bone-white pages. Technically probably a 3.0/3.5 with all the probs but presents way better.

$100

Scan0033.jpg

Scan0034.jpg

TRUE LOVE PICTORIAL 5 A very very tough issue as well as a 100 page giant.

Big spine roll as you can see, bottom 2" of the spine split as well as many of the pages, not from being brittle but because of the spine roll, the paper quality is terrific, not bone-white like the previous issue but OW to White at the very minimum. small tape pull? bottom right edge. Call it a 3.0 $200

Scan0031.jpg

Scan0032.jpg

WARTIME ROMANCES 18 another tough issue. some scraping/rubbing top left by the spine edge, last 2 pages have a 1.25" tear barely affects the art, page quality is terrific OW-White minimum. 4.0/4.5

A CGC 5.5 just sold in a Heritage auction for $334

My price on this one $150

Scan0035.jpg

Scan0036.jpg

Last one for tonight:

TEEN-AGE ROMANCE 39 very tough to find late issue not to mention a great cover. solid VG/VG+ light tanning edges on the inside covers, pages not quite as nice on this one but still OW.

A CGC VG+ 4.5 just sold in a Heritage Auction for $478. My price on this one, $275

Scan0029.jpg

Scan0030.jpg

Big spine roll as you can see, bottom 2" of the spine split as well as many of the pages, not from being brittle but because of the spine roll, the paper quality is terrific, not bone-white like the previous issue but OW to White at the very minimum. small tape pull? bottom right edge. Call it a 3.0 $200

Scan0031.jpg

Scan0032.jpg

Wow, this forum is better than SDCC and not nearly as crowded. Please PM your Paypal e-mail.

Thanks,

Ray aka BitterOldMan

Last one for tonight:

TEEN-AGE ROMANCE 39 very tough to find late issue not to mention a great cover. solid VG/VG+ light tanning edges on the inside covers, pages not quite as nice on this one but still OW.

A CGC VG+ 4.5 just sold in a Heritage Auction for $478. My price on this one, $275

Scan0029.jpg

Scan0030.jpg

A lot of really nice Bakers :) This is a great cover. It looks like Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn to me.

Scan0031.jpg

Scan0032.jpg

Wow, this forum is better than SDCC and not nearly as crowded. Please PM your Paypal e-mail.

Thanks,

Ray aka BitterOldMan

^^ SOLD Thanks Ray!

We are back!

Here are a few more Bakers.

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES 25 a little spine roll, tiny piece out bottom right super super light water stain on the back at the bottom edge, there is a little rippling on the pages at the bottom but I don't see any stains, probably from humidity. Nice OW pages. VG/VG+ $120

Scan0047.jpg

Scan0048.jpg

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES 22 VG+ 4.5 Structurally it looks a lot better but the staples are rusty and have stained the paper a little, nice OW-W pages $120 SOLD

Scan0043.jpg

Scan0044.jpg

TEEN-AGE ROMANCES 18 One of the "tall" issues 1/2" spine split at the bottom, little rust on the staples, very light water stain bottom left corner, OW pages, VG 4.0 $120 SOLD

Scan0041.jpg

Scan0042.jpg

PICTORIAL ROMANCES 20 very tough 100 page issue wish it was better, lowest grade one in the lot, piece off the top right corner, spine is intact except for the bottom 1/2" biggest problem is the piece out of the cover in the very center, I put a post it note on the inside so you can see how big it is, some tape on the inside cover around the hole. OW pages. $85

Scan0037.jpg

Scan0038.jpg