• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cutting Edge of Horror

20 posts in this topic

The "weird menace" pulps of the late 30's were way more "over the top" than the pre-code horror comics.

Hope you all don't mind me posting a few pulps on these boards.

terror_tales_3907.jpg

Is it me or does that woman not looked worried even though her head is about to be chopped off?

Is it me or does that woman not looked worried even though her head is about to be chopped off?

That's cause she's looking out of the cover at you, her rescuer! Notice the red-hooded bad guys are also distracted from their business by your arrival. Are you sure you're ready to take 'em on? (First the bad guys, then of course the fair lady with the impending wardrobe malfunction.) 893whatthe.gif

The cover artists of a generation ago really knew how to sell a book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The "weird menace" pulps of the late 30's were way more "over the top" than the pre-code horror comics.

Hope you all don't mind me posting a few pulps on these boards.

terror_tales_3907.jpg

I'm not even sure it's her head that's being chopped off insane.gif

Gorgeous Terror Tales ecfanman! Love that cover. I have a few weird menace pulps myself, but none in that nice a shape, I'll try and post a few this weekend. I going to have to start searching the pulps again on Ebay - haven't done that for a while, it was sucking up too much of my comic cash. You realize of course, you are creating more competition for these books with your posts.