• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

H Pyms Raw SA/BA Avengers FS in Lots ... ongoing

8 posts in this topic

This thread may last awhile. I’ll be posting raw Avengers weekly or so, starting with Issue 5 up to at least Issue 100, but I just might keep on going. I may be crazy, but I’d like to sell the books in lots of 5, or thereabouts. :screwy: For the earlier issues, I’ll post individual scans of the front covers. I have back scans as well, but to conserve space I’ll not post them (pls ask if necessary). Generally, the grades will improve deeper in the run. All books are intact (no cuts, missing pages, etc. unless noted.) Also, I’ll post GPA data for the lots, and reduce the price to around 50 to 60 per cent of GPA. I’m throwing out OSPG on this. My hope is to NOT break up lots … I know, I know when keys like 16 or 57 pop up, the question will come up, but please be warned, they will go with the lot.

Okay .. this will take some time, and to be honest the scanning beats me down after awhile. :frustrated: After about Issue 30, I’ll post a photo of each lot. After that, if you want individual scans I can do it if you PM me, but I’d prefer you ask for a high resolution photo of the group shot instead (via email).

I’ll briefly list the most prominent defect(s) for each book, along with my estimated grade.

Periodically, books will be added in sequential lots, so check back from time to time.

I’ll be away often, so I will not always be readily available to answer questions. Please be patient in this regard. I’ve had transactions with a number of boardies (Cheetah, joeypost, tortoise, sufunk, ijiwarusensei … and others). So, if you have any concerns or trust issues about me, you can check with them.

• Personal checks, bank drafts and money orders are welcome. PayPal also, but buyer must pay the grease.
  • No Probation List or HOS’ers please.
  • Shipping to the US will be $10/lot, with each lot single poly-bagged and boarded.
  • Shipping charges for multiple purchases by a single buyer will be reduced depending on the quantity.

First :takeit: in the thread wins over PMs (date stamps used).

Pricing/Updates:

LOT 1 (#s 5,6,7,8,9): SOLD

LOT 2 (#s 10,11,12,13,14): SOLD

LOT 3 (#s 15,16,17,18,19): SOLD

LOT 4 (#s 20,22,23,24,25): SOLD

LOT 5 (#s 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 books not shown): SOLD

LOT 6 and beyond - soon

Thanks in advance for looking!

LOT 1: (Appx GPA value = $ 200) SOLD

Avengers 5 (G/VG); worn, spine wear, 1-1/2 in tear 1st interior page.

Avengers 6 (GD+); worn, ¼ in tears in spine into interior pages, long creases FC.

Avengers 7 (GD); worn, pieces missing FC, 2-1/2 in tear BC, some water stains top of book.

Avengers 8 (G-); tape on top edge FC and spine, tape reinforced interior pages, partial panel cutout, page 16, one story panel.

Avengers 9 (VG-); worn, some interior pages with minor tears.

ItemSold.jpg

LOT 2: (Appx GPA value = $ 190) SOLD

Avengers 10 (VG-); Ad cutout btwn pgs 17 and 18, story not affected, spine wear.

Avengers 11 (F-); could use pressing, spotting on cover, 2 in crease back cover

Avengers 12 (VG+); worn, spine wear, writing in pen on cover (possibly the infamous “35 cent” Pedigree – jk)

Avengers 13 (F-); spine ticks, crease on cover

Avengers 14 (VG/F); spine ticks, cover creases

ItemSold.jpg

LOT 3 (#’s 16, 17, 18, 19, 20): (Appx GPA value = $ 160) SOLD

Avengers 15 (VG+); spine roll, creases.

Avengers 16 (F-); spine creases/ticks, crease on Capt America.

Avengers 17 (VG/F); diagonal crease FC, centerwrap unattached one staple.

Avengers 18 (VG); creae FC, spine ticks, stains on interior pages at staples.

Avengers 19 (F-); reading creases length of spine.

ItemSold.jpg

LOT 4 (#’s 20, 22, 23, 24, 25): (Appx GPA value = $ 85) SOLD

Avengers 20 (F-); spine/cover creases.

Avengers 22 (VG); subscription crease.

Avengers 23 (VG); cover crease.

Avengers 24 (VG); spine ticks, staple tears.

Avengers 25 (GD/VG); coupon cut on ad age, does not affect story.

ItemSold.jpg

:takeit:

If you ship to Austria, I'll take Lot 2, 3 & 4 and maybe some more after that.

Lots save me so much shipping costs, I can't let this opportunity slip through my fingers.

I'll put Lots 2, 3 & 4 on HOLD for you for now. We can discus off-line. :gossip: Thanks!