• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Valuation hehe

48 posts in this topic

I don't think this book will get a higher grade after a press.

Could be the case, I thought perhaps the corners could be improved. Obviously the dings where paper separates can't be fixed. Maybe Joey can give his input.

The 9.2 was a gift grade with that chunk out of the spine. 50/50 chance that after a nice pressing it comes back an 8.0.

That was my initial thought as well (the spine corner) while an 8.0 might be a little harsh, you really have nothing to gain via a pressing. There really is no NCB creases or folds that pressing is going to restore, yes I said restore - oh nooooo..... And, potentially a downgrade.

I don't think this book will get a higher grade after a press.

Could be the case, I thought perhaps the corners could be improved. Obviously the dings where paper separates can't be fixed. Maybe Joey can give his input.

I think the dings would make it a 9.2 on their own. I'd just keep it the way it is.

You should roll the dice and press it. Maybe it comes back lower. Maybe it comes back the same or higher. But you only live once - might as well keep things interesting.

Besides, can you imagine the reaction here if you got it back as a 9.4 with white pages? :roflmao:

Terrible advice. It ain't gonna happen. There is no way that book gets a 9.4

No matter if it were graded hard or soft, it's a great book. :applause: Hell, I don't even have one that nice. If want a 9.4 copy then sell this one and purchase another. Don't re-sub it, you may not be happy.

That's great advice.

Terrible advice. It ain't gonna happen. There is no way that book gets a 9.4

I never said it was good advice.

It would keep this thread interesting though. :whistle:

I think there are other ways to make life interesting than pressing a book for a hopeless upgrade. Are you in the pressing business or something? :)