• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why have CGC....

63 posts in this topic

If you are serious about a book, ask for the CGC code #, then call and get the graders notes. Why mess around with what you can and can't see? confused-smiley-013.gif

What if the auction is ending in 3 min. and I can't get a CGC rep on the phone in time?

I like the idea of HUGE numbers, no "negatives" (as in "VF-") and as few notes as possible, if I'm a shady seller with questionable product or product that looks better "on paper" than in real life. That way I can provide a scan that's just big enough to read the "9.2" and too small to see the foxing, dust shadows, chipping and "Gus Ainsworthy" written in light pen four times on the cover, all of which CGC either doesn't discount for when grading, or discounts so little that such a book can still net a 9.2

What if the auction is ending in 3 min. and I can't get a CGC rep on the phone in time?

Why are you bidding on something you just found with 3 minutes left in the auction? C'mon, let's be real... 893frustrated.gif

Why are you bidding on something you just found with 3 minutes left in the auction? C'mon, let's be real... 893frustrated.gif

You mean to say you never made a last minute Beer Goggle induced Ebay buy? insane.gif

Come home after a night out, (or stay home for that matter)

Log onto Ebay, take a peek at Going going gone........

And you stumble accross a CGC 7.0 TOS #54 with 3 minutes left, some one listed it in the wrong catagory, and its going for well below guide.

The only photo supplied is of the CGC label, and not the book.

If it did not list having a date stamp or writing on cover on the label, then you would not know it until you got the book home.

And since its safe to assume that we all buy CGC online with the safety of knowing it was graded by CGC there for it takes seller mis- grading out of the equation.

Then buying a CGC 7.0 sight unseen is technically safe.

Unless it does not state writing, or Date stamps on label, and you happen to not like them on your comics..

So my point is, sure I personally have made last second Ebay buys.

And if CGC does not list all it can on the label, then I feel we are not getting our moneys worth for paying to have it graded in the first place..

Zeman