• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why have CGC....

63 posts in this topic

that was a good one!

I find it costs me much less time to fire off a quick "question to seller" asking for a scan, and then going about my business until it arrives, than to actually make a scan and shrink/process it etc for emailing or posting.... The seller does all the work. Whats so hard about that???

And the email takes a lot less time than taking their scan from ebay, putting it into an editing program, and trying to manipulate it to see if you can decipher the label.

And the added bonus - if they do not reply, then that may be a clue to look elsewhere.

I think you two are neglecting the real problem by trying to shoot holes in poor Psycho Joe. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I think you two are neglecting the real problem by trying to shoot holes in poor Psycho Joe.

SAY, Jim! That's a bad out FIT!!!! Wooooooooo!

PS - got Gas Huffng DVD yesterday - yours goes out this week! thumbsup2.gif

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now it is time to figure a counter-gift... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif "Pay it backward" and all that rot...

Now it is time to figure a counter-gift... "Pay it backward" and all that rot...

Not a gift - you won a contest! Just make your own contest and rig it so I - errr - arrange it so no one has the answer so it is fair!

Hmmm... I will arrange a fabulous prize for the first person who can tell me from what movie the following quote is taken:

"Snotty beamed me two times last night sir. Believe me, it was wonderful."

Now it is time to figure a counter-gift... "Pay it backward" and all that rot...

Not a gift - you won a contest! Just make your own contest and rig it so I - errr - arrange it so no one has the answer so it is fair!

Hmmm... I will arrange a fabulous prize for the first person who can tell me from what movie the following quote is taken:

"Snotty beamed me two times last night sir. Believe me, it was wonderful."

OMG! Commanderette Zircon has taken over Clark!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - that would be Spaceballs.

LMAO!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

I was getting worried for a second there! Were you using and abusing IMDB.com or what?!?!? wink.gif

For SPACEBALLS 893whatthe.gif? Pah! No, I had just finished some really tasty Chinese soup and took a minute to wash out the bowl and spoon and fork (it was meaty enough for a fork).

Oh - that would be Spaceballs.

LMAO!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

I was getting worried for a second there! Were you using and abusing IMDB.com or what?!?!? wink.gif

For SPACEBALLS 893whatthe.gif? Pah! No, I had just finished some really tasty Chinese soup and took a minute to wash out the bowl and spoon and fork (it was meaty enough for a fork).

You do realize it's very, very late. Certainly no hour for Chinese soup-eating. 893naughty-thumb.gif

You do realize it's very, very late. Certainly no hour for Chinese soup-eating.

Not even 23:00 here. Will be up until 1:00 or so anyway. Getting the urge to slip SPACEBALLS in the DVD player! grin.gif

lol I think I'm addicted to Popeye now. Not the Popeye MOVIE, mind you, but the old Popeye cartoons.

Are those out on DVD yet?!?!?

Ah, you gotta love it when the CGC Fanboys jump into any thread that paints CGC in even a slightly negative way, and proceed to hijack it with mindless banter. 27_laughing.gif

Way to go, and I bet Steve gives you a big shiny 27_laughing.giflipop at the next Con. thumbsup2.gif

But what can you do about it? CGC is obviously not going to put more info on the labels anytime soon; in fact, they are doing the opposite. This despite the fairly loud protests on this board, and I am sure a few collectors have complained in person at Cons and such.

So, what does all the complaining get us? I am not implying giving up the fight, I just want to know - what results can we reasonably expect?

...Stopped putting information about writing and date stamps etc on the label?

Danny

because there would be less room for the most important detail: the numerical grade. it should just be the title, issue, whether or not it is a variant and the grade - tye rest can be all white space. I don't like my labels cluttered with meaningless BS tongue.gif

...Stopped putting information about writing and date stamps etc on the label?

Danny

because there would be less room for the most important detail: the numerical grade. it should just be the title, issue, whether or not it is a variant and the grade - tye rest can be all white space. I don't like my labels cluttered with meaningless BS tongue.gif

I feel the same way about threads on the boards, yet you persist. Why, Darth?? WHY??!?!?

So, what does all the complaining get us? I am not implying giving up the fight, I just want to know - what results can we reasonably expect?

It's not about results, but the overt manipulation of these threads.

I can understand it if some people just give up and stop posting, but these CGC fanboy hijackers proceed to take over any and all threads that paint CGC in an unfavorable light, even if the beef is valid.

It's not about results, but the overt manipulation of these threads.

I can understand it if some people just give up and stop posting, but these CGC fanboy hijackers proceed to take over any and all threads that paint CGC in an unfavorable light, even if the beef is valid.

Ahh, I see. OK then - let the pointless person_without_enough_empathying commence. speechless-smiley-034.gif