• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raleigh Comic Book show - August 28th

43 posts in this topic

I'll be there as usual first tables on the left coming in the door.

Come on by and say hello!

David

How do I identify you and/or your table?

Just look at the wall display. Dave will have some of the best books in the show!

awww shucks, thanks Tylar :blush:

When you come in the door I will be the first tables on the left against the wall.

What little hair I have left is red. :cry:

See ya at the show!

Getting ready to pull out to drive down this evening!!! :headbang:

When you come in the door I will be the first tables on the left against the wall.

See ya at the show!

It was great meeting you David! But it was a bit confusing that a Dave and David were right next to each other hanging out and talking.

I'll be looking to buy a key in about a week or two. When I'm ready I'll send you a PM to check what you have at the time.

I bought a CGC 9.8 1982 Wolverine 1 from the guy in the opposite corner (unfortunately you didn't have one). He offered $170 for it and said he'd throw in a nice reader copy. I wasn't interested in a reader copy and I wasn't looking to pay more than $150. The 90 day GPA is $141, the last sale was $135 and it's been on a steady decline.

So I asked if he minded if I take the reader copy out of the sleeve and look it over. I figured if it's nice enough I can consign it to my local dealer and end up with what I wanted to spend. He got annoyed by my request, but later when I completed the transaction he apologized for his reaction. I'm not sure if I was being "difficult" by normal standards. It was my first show and I don't know the normal etiquette.

My daughter got a sketch done by the female artist (I don't recall her name). She was very nice and friendly.

See ya at the show!

It was great meeting you David! But it was a bit confusing that a Dave and David were right next to each other hanging out and talking.

I'll be looking to buy a key in about a week or two. When I'm ready I'll send you a PM to check what you have at the time.

I bought a CGC 9.8 1982 Wolverine 1 from the guy in the opposite corner (unfortunately you didn't have one). He offered $170 for it and said he'd throw in a nice reader copy. I wasn't interested in a reader copy and I wasn't looking to pay more than $150. The 90 day GPA is $141, the last sale was $135 and it's been on a steady decline.

So I asked if he minded if I take the reader copy out of the sleeve and look it over. I figured if it's nice enough I can consign it to my local dealer and end up with what I wanted to spend. He got annoyed by my request, but later when I completed the transaction he apologized for his reaction. I'm not sure if I was being "difficult" by normal standards. It was my first show and I don't know the normal etiquette.

My daughter got a sketch done by the female artist (I don't recall her name). She was very nice and friendly.

Your first crazy Ed experience. :cloud9:

What a great little show. Good to see everyone :) . I was expecting to see Foss,Shaw and Chuck but theres always next time :) Cya there!

Your first crazy Ed experience. :cloud9:

And he's quite the salesman! I was about to walk away when he asked "cash or credit?"

Just as I was starting to politely decline he cut me off...

"If you were going to buy it would it be cash or credit?"

The next thing I know I'm handing him my credit card wondering what the hell just happened?

No buyer's remorse, though. I had been looking for a 9.8 Wolverine 1 with white pages, I didn't have to pay for shipping, and I'm fairly confident my LCS will take $25 store credit for the reader copy. In the end it should work out to around what I wanted to pay. Plus I actually got the nostalgia of getting to read it again, which I haven't done in over 25 years.

I should have gotten his card though. I thought I remember seeing a nice DD 1 I might be interested in.

Even though he was a bit snappy at first, no harsh judgments from me. He seemed a bit stressed out at the time.

Crazy Ed he goes by? lol

See ya at the show!

I didn't see you :makepoint: .....................I was right beside the second David

Ed is quite the used car salesman :roflmao:

Female artist was Bridgit Scheide..........the other artist was Chris Brunner

I got a great color sketch from Bridgit today.............will post when I get a chance to scan it ......................... it's FANTASTIC (thumbs u :cloud9:

See ya at the show!

Very nice to meet you, I hope you enjoyed your first comic convention. :cloud9:

I hate I was tied up with the other folks at the end of my booth and didn't give you my full attention.

Just shoot the PM when you figure out what you want! :hi:

Glad you got to met ED. He is a nice guy but he is a little different from the usual Southern Dealers. ;)

There will be another show in DEC. Hope you can make it!!!

David

I hate I missed it. Being fairly new to the boards (well, at least more active here than in the past), I'm looking forward to meeting more of the Triangle area collectors. Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day once Irene passed on through, but family pulled me away this time.

I'm definitely planning for the NC Comicon in Morrisville in November. It should be fun!

I hate I missed it. Being fairly new to the boards (well, at least more active here than in the past), I'm looking forward to meeting more of the Triangle area collectors. Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day once Irene passed on through, but family pulled me away this time.

I'm definitely planning for the NC Comicon in Morrisville in November. It should be fun!

How big is that event going to be? I've been wanting to go to one of those whacky ones where people dress up and stuff.

How big is that event going to be? I've been wanting to go to one of those whacky ones where people dress up and stuff.

maybe 2x larger than the one weekend past. You just missed heroescon in Charlotte, thats a pretty big show and has costumes, panels,auctions etc. You could drive to ATL for dragoncon this weekend.