• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Leader's girlie, movie and comic magazine collections.

15 posts in this topic

Nice collection, I found a group about half that size in 2008, it was still enough to fill the bed of an S-10 pickup. The collection had been taken decent care of, well at least until the auction house got a hold of it and let it sit in a leaky barn for a few months which ruined a number of books.

There were no books that I really wanted to collect in the group, but I can't complain, I sold almost every bit of it on ebay for a tidy profit that I invested into books I wanted. Although it was a smaller collection, there were items dating back to the 1920's. A number of books were from Scandinavia since the collector had gone there at some point in his life. There were even a few obscure paperback books from the 60's that brought some prices I thought were very extreme at the time. As I was leaving the auction house, the owner says "Don't leave without the album" seems as though this collector was also an amateur photographer, and given his taste in books, you can imagine what was in the album. That too was sold on ebay, and for way more than I ever dreamed.

I still have a few odds and ends that did not sell, or I could not sell on ebay. One book ebay kept pulling the ad, and sending me threatening emails about, even with most of the cover blacked out, I still have it. lol

Good luck with your sales, be mindful of the rules when selling on ebay and you will do fine (thumbs u

I still have a few odds and ends that did not sell, or I could not sell on ebay. One book ebay kept pulling the ad, and sending me threatening emails about, even with most of the cover blacked out, I still have it. lol

Now I'm curious what was on this book. (Not in detail, though.) Given eBay's recent tendency to let rule-breaking listings stand (such as obvious scams), you might have better luck auctioning the book these days.

Glad to hear you were able to make profit from all of the girlie stuff. That's the sort of stuff I would want to distribute to the four winds rather than keep and worry about who finds it.

I so love this stuff (really, what man doesn't). I recently bought a great collection of digest sized pin up mags from 1952-1954, about 150, 80% in high grade/unread condition.

th_VueQT.jpg th_Tell.jpg th_Scoop.jpg th_Eye.jpg th_Prevue.jpg

Some of the photos used in the articles are pretty brutal. It's cool seeing baseball previews and the "discovery" of models like Van Doren, MM, Loren, and Maria Stringer.

th_EyeMVD.jpg th_TellSophia.jpg th_PhotoMM.jpg th_EyeLilli.jpg

Some of the back covers are far superior than the front.

th_Stinger.jpg th_PhotoMarch2.jpg th_Eye2.jpg th_PrevueBCK.jpg

I discovered a new favorite going through these books, Mara Corday.

th_EyeMaraC.jpg th_EyeMara.jpg th_HeBCK.jpg

And of course, the icon herself.

th_BriefMM.jpg th_TABmm.jpg th_MMbc.jpg th_PhotoMay2.jpg th_Focus.jpg

Brutal how? Like Bettie Page tied-up kinda stuff? (Mmmmm.....Bettie Page....)

Naw, not like that. lol In these mags they have articles pertaining to "men's" interests and pictures for examples. One mag had an article about spousal abuse and when it's ok, another showed pics of physically abused children, and another Holocaust photos. ALot of these magazines have pin-ups on the inside covers so I was quite shocked to see concentration camp pics when I'm looking for Bettie Page photos.

I guess I am not surprised, given some of the mags I've seen -- such as the Man's Story magazines from the early '60s. But still, what you describe does sound pretty out there, and the "wrongness" of it makes the mags sound even more interesting and collectible. Though I don't like any of the taboo-type stuff on a direct level, I find it fascinating as a glimpse behind the curtain of the 1950s American psyche, if that doesn't sound too pretentious. I have a few collectible mags from that time period, but nothing quite so stark as Holocaust photos right next to pin-up photos.

th_Stinger.jpg

It looks like she has a very tall sideboob.

its the model for liefields cap pic!

....looks like there might be a squirrel in there somewhere. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u